Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
Technology – Software Quality Assurance /
Upgrade is a fintech unicorn backed by a top 10 global bank and other leading fintech investors. Founded in 2017, Upgrade has already delivered $4 billion in consumer credit and achieved $125 million in annual revenue run rate and cash profitability.
Upgrade is building a neobank offering exceptional value to mainstream consumers, including affordable and responsible credit through cards and loans. In 4 short years 10 million people have already applied for an Upgrade Card or loan.
Upgrade has been named a “Best Place to Work in the Bay Area” by the San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal 3 years in a row, and received “Best Company for Women” and “Best Company for Diversity” awards from Comparably.
We are looking for new team members who get excited about designing and implementing new and better products to join a team of over 400 talented and passionate professionals. Come join us if you like to tackle big problems and make a meaningful difference in people's lives.
At Upgrade, we have rethought the conventional testing role and allowed our QA team to grow and build experience at all levels. The more you automate tests, the more you can have peers collaborate with you in a seamless way, so you can focus on the things that interest you most.
- Both our functional and performance test frameworks are built in a modular and easily extensible manner. Which allows us to develop test automation at the pace of feature development.
- Not only do you own Quality for a functional area, but you also have access to deploy your team’s components in all environments. Which gives our QA team flexibility to customize, configure and patch services in any environment based on their findings. This includes deploying both infrastructure and code changes.
- QA team members also have the ability to spin up disposable environments on demand in Kubernetes, to deploy microservices with different versions and configurations, to modify DB content and then execute functional or performance tests against this setup.
- Once the changes or features are validated, you can push them to different environments - all the way to Production. Then monitor, troubleshoot and run synthetic tests - right in Production.
What you'll bring
- Hands-on experience with these technologies: Java, Selenium Webdriver, TestNG, Maven, Git, Jenkins, ArgoCD (or other CD tools), SQL, REST Assured, Appium, SumoLogic, Docker, Kubernetes, Gatling (or JMeter), basic Linux;Strong object-oriented programming skills using Java;
- Able to develop automated tests in Java using Selenium, utilizing IDEs such as IntelliJ or Eclipse;
- Extensive experience deploying services in various environments. Ideally using Kubernetes, and deployment tools like ArgoCD, Jenkins;
- Experience improving efficiency of existing test infrastructure using Docker Selenium and headless browser executions;
- Experience using monitoring applications using SumoLogic, Kibana (or similar log analysis tools); Honeycomb, SignalFx, Grafana or similar Observability tools;
- Passion for Test Automation and delivering high quality software at a fast pace;
- Understanding of agile development processes and practice, using JIRA or similar project management software.
- Competitive salary and stock option plan.
- 100% paid coverage of medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Unlimited vacation.
- Learning stipend for personal growth and development.
- Paid parental leave.
- Downtown office location near Square Victoria.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.