Senior Release Engineer
Technology – Technology
Come drive the transformation of financial services, solve big problems and make a meaningful difference in people’s lives.
Upgrade, Inc. is a new consumer credit platform that combines personal loans with tools that help consumers understand, monitor and improve their credit. The company raised $60 million in its first capital raise in March 2017, which remains the largest Series A round ever raised by a fintech company. While the founding team is very accomplished and the business model has been proven, we are still in the early days of this new platform and there is still an opportunity to have a significant impact.
We are looking for new team members who get excited about designing and implementing new and better solutions for the greater benefit of consumers to join a team of 175 talented and passionate fintech engineers, product, credit, finance, legal, compliance, design, operations and marketing professionals.
We are looking for new team members who get excited about constantly learning, and always seeking to design and implement new and better solutions. We are looking for an experienced, self-motivated, detail oriented Build and Release Engineer who has demonstrated ability to work in a fast-pace and complex software build environment.
As a Build and Release Engineer you will provide support for developing build scripts and tools that will improve the efficiency of the development and its build process. Build and maintain a deployment pipeline using CI/CD Automate deployment using a variety of AWS tools and scripts. Collaborate with Developers, Quality Assurance and Operations to bring new features and services into production. Develop and improve operational practices and procedures
· Familiarity with product development (including Java, messaging protocols, and Web Services), micro - services architecture
· Working knowledge of Linux relevant development tools
· Proven experience to thrive in a complex software systems involving multi-platform development environment
· Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, in a startup environment
· In-depth knowledge of AWS services and prior hands-on experience in AWS provisioning
· Hands-on experience with Chef and Docker for packaging and deploying micro-services
· Familiarly with functional and performance test automation tools like Selenium and Gatling
· 5+ Years in Git integration and project setup using tools like MVM, NPM, Jenkins
· 3+ years working in a Java/ Spring environment
· 5+ years experience setting up and/or maintaining automated build system
· Knowledge of Spinnaker, AWS CloudFormation, Terraform, Kubernetes or similar tools
· Downtown office location across from the Bell Centre
· Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, & vision
· Kitchen stocked with beverages, snacks & treats
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.