Come drive the transformation of financial services, solve big problems and make a meaningful difference in people’s lives. Join the Upgrade team, the same team that built Lending Club and is now set to innovate again. Upgrade is combining a marketplace lending approach with credit monitoring and credit education features designed to be even more helpful to more people. The company is still at an early stage; this is your opportunity to join early and have a significant impact.
Come join a team of just over 50 talented and passionate fintech engineers, product, credit, finance, legal, compliance, operations and marketing professionals. We are looking for new team members who get excited about constantly learning, and always seeking to design and implement new and better solutions.
· In order to provide useful insights to our data-driven organization, you will need to quickly gain a deep understanding of the business and how data flows through the organization.
· Own the design, development, maintenance, and distribution of key business metrics and reports. Take a proactive approach to defining new metrics, reports, and dashboards to improve the visibility into the business
· Deep dive into data to find trends and problems. Answer key business questions using SQL, Excel and other data manipulation tools
· Work closely with product and various stakeholders to understand business issues and recommend approaches to ensure business questions are properly answered
· Excellent SQL and data warehouse skills. Experience writing complex queries on large data sets.
· Experience with database table design, stored procedures and understanding system process flows
· Data visualization skills a plus, e.g. Tableau.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills – Ability to synthesize complex ideas and communicate them in very simple ways.
· Highly analytical and detail-oriented
· Ability to troubleshoot and fix issues quickly in a fast-paced environment.
. BA/BS degree in quantitative field (Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Economics) required.
· Experience working with a broad set of data integration technologies and databases a strong plus.
· Experience with next generation BI/DW technologies and concepts
· Experience in financial services.
· Experience working in Agile development environments
· Comfort with reporting across a variety of metrics and different departments.
· Great attention to detail.
· Strong work ethic and initiative.
· Highly motivated, self-driven and solution-oriented.
Great OPEN office location!
Conveniently located in San Francisco Financial District
Close to BART and Public Transportation
Comprehensive benefits package: Medical, dental, & vision
Unlimited vacation policy
Kitchen stocked with beverages, snacks & treats
Weekly & monthly social gatherings / happy hours
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status