Senior/Principal Business Intelligence Analyst/Developer
Technology – Technology
Come drive the transformation of financial services, solve big problems and make a meaningful difference in people’s lives.
Upgrade, Inc. is a new consumer credit platform that combines personal loans with tools that help consumers understand, monitor and improve their credit. The company raised $60 million in its first capital raise last year, which remains the largest Series A round ever raised by a fintech company. While the founding team is very accomplished and the business model has been well established, we are still in the early days of this new platform and there is still an opportunity to have a very significant impact.
We are looking for new team members who get excited about creating, designing and implementing new and better solutions to join a team of just over 200 talented and passionate fintech engineers, product, credit, finance, legal, compliance, design, operations and marketing professionals.
· In order to provide useful insights to our data-driven organization, you will need to quickly gain a deep understanding of the business and how data flows through the organization.
· Play a key role in building an efficient and scalable data and reporting layer for the organization. Set up tools and processes for effective data management.
· Own the design, development, maintenance, and distribution of key business metrics and reports. Take a proactive approach to defining new metrics, reports, and dashboards to improve the visibility into the business.
· Deep dive into data to find trends and problems. Answer key business questions using SQL, Excel and other data manipulation tools
· Work closely with product and various stakeholders to understand business issues and recommend approaches to ensure business questions are properly answered.
· Excellent SQL and data warehouse skills. At least 4 years of recent hands-on experience writing complex SQL queries on large data sets.
· Experience with database table design, stored procedures, functions, triggers and a good understanding of system process flows
· Reporting and data visualization skills e.g. Tableau.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills – Ability to synthesize complex ideas and communicate them in very simple ways.
· Highly analytical and detail-oriented
· Ability to troubleshoot and fix issues quickly in a fast-paced environment.
. BA/BS degree in quantitative field (Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Economics) required.
· Experience working with a broad set of data integration technologies and databases a strong plus.
· Experience with next generation BI/DW technologies and concepts
· Experience in financial services.
· Experience working in Agile development environments
· Comfort with reporting across a variety of metrics and different departments.
· Great attention to detail.
· Strong work ethic and initiative.
· Highly motivated, self-driven and solution-oriented.
Great OPEN office location!
Conveniently located in San Francisco Financial District
Close to BART and Public Transportation
Comprehensive benefits package: Medical, dental, & vision
Unlimited vacation policy
Kitchen stocked with beverages, snacks & treats
Weekly & monthly social gatherings / happy hours
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status