Senior Specialist, Operations Policy and Procedure
Upgrade is a fintech unicorn founded in 2017. We are the fastest-growing company in the Americas (Financial Times). In the last five years, over 15 million people have applied for an Upgrade card or loan, and we have delivered over $10 billion in affordable and responsible credit. Our innovative Upgrade Card is the fastest growing credit card in America (Nilson Report). Combining the flexibility of a credit card with the low cost of an installment loan helps us redefine banking.
Upgrade has been named a “Best Place to Work in the Bay Area” three years in a row, one of the “Top Companies to work for in Arizona”, and we have received awards for being a best company for Diversity, Women, Culture, and Veterans.
We are looking for new team members who get excited about designing and delivering new and better products to join a team of 900 talented and passionate professionals. Come join us if you like to tackle big problems and make a meaningful difference in people's lives.
- Produce professional quality operations policy and procedures that establishes standard operating procedures across all operational teams in a financial services contact center environment
- Develop and implement auditable change management practices related to the operations policy and procedure program
- Responsible for the required annual review of the operations policy and procedural materials
- Develop a procedural system for indexing and organizing procedures by associated risk levels and topical categories, in order to impose varying degrees of review and upkeep requirements
- Demonstrated ability to translate high level conceptual information and ideas through to execution in a manner that is thorough and thoughtful to the intended audience
- Interact and proactively communicate with varying levels of department and operations leadership to ascertain areas of need or improvement in the program
- Serve as a subject matter expert on operational procedure and processes, advising leadership through sound decision making in many areas
- Serve as a teammate on the operations policy and procedure team, working closely and collaboratively amongst the many areas of focus and expertise within the team
- Formal writing or technical procedural writing experience required
- Bachelor's degree required
- Financial services regulatory and compliance knowledge required
- Fintech industry or startup experience preferred
- Expert proficiency with Google Suite and Microsoft Office
- Ability to thrive in an intense, do-it-yourself, start-up environment that has a fast-pace and ongoing changes with ease and comfort
- Ability to react with appropriate levels of urgency to situations and events that require quick response or turnaround; and ability to switch gears at a moment’s notice
- Ability to complete a high volume of tasks and projects with little or no guidance on time management and work organization
- Able to maintain a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.