Sr/Principal Data Engineer
Come drive the transformation of financial services, solve big problems and make a meaningful difference in people’s lives. Join the Upgrade team, the same team that built Lending Club and is now set to innovate again. Upgrade is combining a marketplace lending approach with credit monitoring and credit education features designed to be even more helpful to more people. The company is still at an early stage; this is your opportunity to join early and have a significant impact.
Come join a team of just over 50 talented and passionate fintech engineers, product, credit, finance, legal, compliance, operations and marketing professionals. We are looking for new team members who get excited about constantly learning, and always seeking to design and implement new and better solutions.
· In order to provide useful insights to our data-driven organization, you will need to quickly gain a deep understanding of the business and how data flows through the organization.
· Develop data infrastructure to ingest, sanitize and normalize a broad range of data coming from a variety of data sources and in different formats.
. Support and lead specific ad-hoc needs and projects for different internal departments
· BA/BS degree, preferably in a related field (e.g., Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math)
· Excellent SQL and data warehouse skills. Experience writing complex queries on large data sets.
· Experience with database modelling, stored procedures and understanding system process flows
· Experience building data pipelines from disparate sources
· A solid understanding of databases and large-scale data processing frameworks like Hadoop or Spark. You’ve not only worked with a variety of technologies, but know how to pick the right tool for the job
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills – Ability to synthesize complex ideas and communicate them in very simple ways.
· Highly analytical and detail-oriented
· Ability to troubleshoot and fix issues quickly in a fast-paced environment.
· Experience with next generation BI/DW technologies and concepts
· Experience in financial services.
· Experience working in Agile development environments
· Great attention to detail.
· Strong work ethic and initiative.
· Highly motivated, self-driven and solution-oriented.
Great OPEN office location!
Conveniently located in San Francisco Financial District
Close to BART and Public Transportation
Comprehensive benefits package: Medical, dental, & vision
Unlimited vacation policy
Kitchen stocked with beverages, snacks & treats
Weekly & monthly social gatherings / happy hours
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status