Senior Software Engineer - Backend
Technology – Technology
Come drive the transformation of financial services, solve big problems and make a meaningful difference in people’s lives.
Upgrade, Inc. is a new consumer credit platform that combines personal loans with tools that help consumers understand, monitor and improve their credit. The company raised $60 million in its first capital raise in March 2017, which remains the largest Series A round ever raised by a fintech company. While the founding team is very accomplished and the business model has been proven, we are still in the early days of this new platform and there is still an opportunity to have a significant impact.
We are looking for new team members who get excited about designing and implementing new and better solutions for the greater benefit of consumers to join a team of 175 talented and passionate fintech engineers, product, credit, finance, legal, compliance, design, operations and marketing professionals.
As a SME of the platform, you will work closely with multiple stakeholders to help shape its direction and implement new features. You will be responsible for all technical aspects of the system, including:
· Developing complex application software using modern continuous integration tools like JIRA/Git/Jenkins
· Maintaining best practices for code hygiene and health, including test coverage and deployment
· Supporting a robust test framework and architecture, including integration with third parties
· Contributing to documentation of the system
· Helping with trouble-shooting and problem solving
· Excellent Java programming experience
· Knowledge of unit testing methodologies
· SQL and database programming expertise
· Knowledge of Maven, Hibernate, ORM frameworks, and the Spring family of frameworks
· Experience working on AWS is highly desirable
· Familiarity with Microsoft Windows Server environments, especially scripts and job schedules, and working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server
· Downtown office location across from the Bell Centre
· Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, & vision
· Kitchen stocked with beverages, snacks & treats
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.