Regional Sales Manager
Sales – Inside Sales
UpGuard is looking for an ambitious and talented sales leader who willing to roll up their sleeves in helping a small team grow into a force in the competitive and rapidly growing Security Ratings market . This role, which will be as a "player/coach" to begin with, is an ideal opportunity for a dynamic sales leader in the B2B SaaS space, particularly one with experience in security. The successful candidate will own every aspect of our sales cycle in the North American market.
UpGuard’s ideal candidate is a highly process oriented sales leader with a proven track record of leadership, and a flexible, data driven approach to sales management.
- Provide input and help refine the sales process
- Ensure that your region's Account Executives are following the process
- Manage deals yourself in the role of Account Executive where required
- Exceed quarterly sales goals for your region
- Conduct regular reviews of your region's pipeline to ensure accurate forecasts are available, and Account Executive focus is on the right deals
- Perform regular deal audits of your Account Executives by watching demo recordings and checking deal records for good hygiene
- Provide deal support for your Account Executive, from advice through to direct support on calls, or in closing deals
- Manage and ensure the flow of prospect feedback from your team to the Product team
- Work with Customer Success to ensure that the prospect to customer handover is smooth
- Manage sales reports and dashboards for your region to ensure the results they deliver can be easily understood by stakeholders throughout the company
- Provide feedback to Marketing teams to help them develop effective messaging for outbound prospecting
- Partner closely with other sales teams and Marketing to improve opportunity management and qualification processes
- Assist with recruiting, hiring, and onboarding new Inside Sales Account Executives
- Coach Account Executives through shadowing, role plays, process improvement, and performance reporting in recurring 1:1’s
- Excellent spoken and written English
- 3 - 4 years experience as an sales rep in B2B - Security software preferred
- 1 - 2 years experience in sales leadership in B2B - Security software preferred
- Experience with CRM software (HubSpot preferred)
- Experience in sales operations and/or marketing automation software preferred
- You are obsessed with making customers happy. You know that the slightest trouble in getting started with a product can ruin customer happiness.
- Passionate about technology and learning more about UpGuard
Extra Credit (not required)
- Technical background
- Knowledge and understanding of the Cyber Security industry - ideally from a previous sales role in the industry
- Proven track record selling to companies in the Financial Services industry
- High-level exposure to a fast-growing cyber security market selling to C-level executives
- Rapid personal and professional development opportunity
- Exposure to and opportunities to work cross-departmentally
- Great sales culture that encourages collaboration and competition
- Excellent benefits package including incentives such as free lunch, flexible work arrangements and gym reimbursement program.
- A great team and working environment in Mountain View, California.
At UpGuard, we're building cybersecurity products that help organizations protect their information and prevent data breaches.
Founded in 2012, we're a profitable venture backed startup with hundreds of enterprise customers such as AT&T, NASA, NYSE, Xinja, First State Super, IAG and ADP. Our threat intelligence capabilities have lead to the discovery of data exposures cited by The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Forbes, BBC and The Washington Post among other publications.
With offices in Mountain View, CA and Sydney, Australia, we're a global team that takes great pride in what we do.