Director - Security and Compliance
Operations – Corporate IT
We’re looking for a Director - Security & Compliance to join us in our new Hobart office servicing our growing APAC and International teams.
The Director - Security & Compliance is ultimately responsible for the delivery and continuous improvement of security services to meet and exceed our contractual/regulatory obligations, all the while keeping our company, employees & customers safe.
As a first responder to the organization, you will be directly responsible for managing and improving our day to day security posture, alongside the timely resolution of operational, compliance and security matters.
As an individual you are always pro-actively looking towards the future and implementing solutions to keep abreast of policy and procedural changes that impact our global customer base.
What we're looking for
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related technical field, Law or Public Policy or an equivalent practical experience in the field.
- Experience delivering technical presentations and live demonstrations of security solutions
- Experience working within a Product Management Lifecycle for a SaaS company
- Experience working within heavily regulated environments both locally or abroad (APRA, ASIC, SEC)
- Experience in security configuration management and security test management
- Excellent scripting experience in writing/modifying code (Python,Perl, Shell, etc)
- Experience programming in any of the following languages; Java, Perl, Go, Ruby, C or C++
- Exceptional customer service, leadership, organizational, communication and interface skills
- Experience with managing SaaS applications both as a security practitioner & historically as an administrator
In addition to technical skills, our ideal candidate has
- A highly ethical personality
- A keen interest in gaming and/or general logic puzzles
- Exceptional communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Exceptional EQ
- An interest in working in a security conscious environment
- Familiarity with topics such as CI/CD, ITIL and/or SOC-2
- Experience in security operations or OSINT techniques
- A deep interest in varied risk & security topics
- Well travelled and experienced in other cultures
- Fluent in a language other than English
- Consultative Pen Testing experience at a big 4 auditing firm
- Lead the definition of security policies, practices, and the standards that govern security functions for all corporate IT assets (Digital, Physical & Intellectual)
- Utilize your outstanding information security knowledge and technology skills to enable secure infrastructure, secure applications, and an overall secure working environment
- Continuously monitor & resolve threats to UpGuard’s security posture
- Monitor and analyze information security performance reports and remediate issues as needed
- Monitor risk mitigation and coordinate policy and controls to ensure that risk owners are taking effective remediation steps
- Report on significant trends and vulnerabilities, in market & across geographies
- Manage our compliance and risk related activities for Vendor Risk Management, Operational Security & Development Security
- Achieve relevant information security and audit certifications
- Manage our related bounties & security awareness training
- Act as the operational owner of our security budget
At UpGuard, we're building cybersecurity products that help organizations protect their information and prevent data breaches.
Founded in 2012, we're a profitable venture backed startup with hundreds of enterprise customers such as 23&Me, NASA, NYSE, Xinja, First State Super, IAG and ADP. Our threat intelligence capabilities have lead to the discovery of data exposures cited by The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Forbes, BBC and The Washington Post among other publications.
With offices in Mountain View, CA and Sydney, Australia, we're a global team that takes great pride in what we do.