Product – Product Management /
Who are we?
UpGuard’s mission is to protect the world’s data. We obsessively seek out elegant, robust ways to enable our customers to find, acknowledge, and remediate cyber risk. With UpGuard, organisations leverage our security expertise and software to automate what were once laborious, spreadsheet-driven processes–whether it's monitoring the attack surface of hundreds of vendors or assessing the security of their own infrastructure. UpGuard is used by some of the world’s largest, fastest-growing, and most innovative companies.
Why are we hiring this role?
The UpGuard platform is the primary way our customers manage their and their vendor's security postures. Organizations of all sizes across the globe rely on us to understand their cyber risk exposure and conduct first and third-party risk assessments.
As a Product Manager for the UpGuard platform, you'll be responsible for the strategy and execution of our product roadmap. We plan our features on a quarterly cadence and ship something new every two weeks.
You'll be responsible for shaping our quarterly roadmap and driving execution against it by speccing out new features, working with designers and engineers to get features built, and then communicating those features to internal stakeholders, customers, and prospects.
Our ideal PM has managed technical products or feature-heavy platforms and is obsessed with solving for user needs. They are technical but also have extreme attention to detail when it comes to user experiences. They operate well in close partnerships with their engineering and design colleagues, and have the ability to drive initially ambiguously defined projects.
- Deeply understand customer needs by spending time with customers, sales, and support and observing patterns/trends across their feedback and the market
- Work across all aspects of the UpGuard platform, including UpGuard BreachSight, UpGuard Vendor Risk, and UpGuard CyberResearch
- Develop and set long-term vision and strategy for our platform
- Define and be accountable for the quarterly product strategy and roadmap for the UpGuard platform, and communicating it to relevant stakeholders inside and outside of UpGuard
- Define, measure, and improve the key success metrics that drive UpGuard's product-led growth
- Write knowledge base articles and release notes for new features
- Communicate new features to internal stakeholders, customers, and prospects via verbal and written means
We're looking for someone who has:
- Experience developing a technical or feature-rich software platform
- Technical aptitude and comfort with the internal workings of software products
- Shaped a product roadmap based on competing priorities from Sales, Customer Success, and other internal stakeholders
- Technical and commercial skills to make informed tradeoffs about what to build
- Strong UI/UX product sense
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a talent for precise articulations of customer problems
What would give you an edge?
- A Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in computer science, software engineering, or related field
- Excellent product taste and have shipped products with great user experience at scale
- Experience or a keen interest in cybersecurity
- Experience building software, preferably in a hand-on software development role
- Experience as a PM of global B2B SaaS platform
- Experience transitioning from a sales-driven to self-service model
- Experience using Productboard, Mixpanel, Figma or Looker
What's in it for you?
- Rapidly growing user base: Work directly with some of the world’s largest, fastest growing, and most innovative companies
- Interesting problems, at scale: Deeply explore the ever-evolving world of cybersecurity, with a platform processing billions of data points daily
- Work with great people: There's no bureaucracy. Just smart, easy-going people helping each other do great things.
- Impact: See the impact of your work on a daily basis as you help bring new features to market
- Generous compensation: Competitive base salary and equity
- Great perks: Free lunch, flexible work arrangements, and gym reimbursement
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check and reference checks. Also please note that at this time, we cannot support candidates requiring visa sponsorship or relocation. Apologies.