Technical Product Manager
Product – Product Management /
Who are we?
UpGuard’s mission is to protect the world’s data. We obsessively seek out elegant, robust ways to enable our customers to find, acknowledge, and remediate cyber risk. With UpGuard, organizations leverage our security expertise and software to automate what were once laborious, spreadsheet-driven processes–whether it's monitoring the attack surface of hundreds of vendors or assessing the security of their own infrastructure. UpGuard is used by some of the world’s largest, fastest growing, and most innovative companies.
Why are we hiring this role?
As a Product Manager, you’ll partner closely with engineering, design, and our customer-facing teams to drive the product development process for one of the key product pillars of UpGuard, our web scanning engine. By using a combination of proprietary search algorithms and third-party data sources, we’re able to monitor millions of companies and billions of data points each day. And we’re just getting started.
What will you accomplish?
- Become an expert on our customers’ needs and translate that understanding into a strategy and roadmap for one of our key product pillars, our web scanning engine. This includes identifying new cyber-related risks that can be detected through automated web scanning, and making it easy for our users to find, assess, and remediate our growing list of security checks
- Continuously monitor the security landscape for new attack vectors
- Work closely with engineering, design, and our customer-facing teams to understand the changing needs of our customers.
- Define, measure, and improve key metrics that capture the success and growth of our web scan customer base
- Execute the full process of shipping products and features. This includes defining requirements, collaborating with designers to build prototypes, oversee engineers through the build process, driving the product launch, and track success against key metrics
- Drive product adoption and awareness through individual activities and at scale by enabling our Sales and Marketing teams
What do we need from you?
- A track record of mastering highly technical problem spaces
- Created product roadmaps and worked with cross-functional teams
- Managed the full life cycle of a technical product - from ideation to ship to continuous refinement
- Developed and launched enterprise-focused SaaS products
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills, with a talent for precise articulations of customer problems
What would give you an edge?
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, or a related field
- Experience or a keen interest in cybersecurity
- Experience building software, preferable in a hands-on software development role
What's in it for you?
- Rapidly growing user base: Work directly with some of the world’s largest, fastest growing, and most innovative companies
- Interesting problems, at scale: Deeply explore the ever-evolving world of cybersecurity, with a platform processing billions of data points daily
- Learn from industry-leading experts: Our security research has been featured in The New York Times, The New Yorker, The Washington Post, TechCrunch, Bloomberg, Gizmodo, Engadget, Forbes, ZDNet, and The Guardian
- Impact: See the impact of your work on a daily basis, with data and impact available on dashboards you have access to
- Work-life balance: No late finishes or unneeded stress, keep your plans with friends and family
- Generous compensation: Extremely competitive base salary and equity
- Great perks: Free lunch, flexible work arrangements, and gym reimbursement