Product Marketing Manager
Marketing – Product Marketing
Help make the Internet safer.
UpGuard builds cybersecurity tools so companies can protect their most sensitive data. We’re helping the world’s largest companies like NASA, NYSE, Bill.com, Morningstar, IAG, ADP, and Akamai prevent cyber-attacks and data breaches.
Our people, processes, and technology have led to the discovery of data exposures cited by The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Forbes, BBC and The Washington Post among other publications.
Since 2012, we’ve raised nearly $30 million from Valar Ventures, August Capital, Square Peg Capital, Fenwick & West, IAG and Pelion Venture Partners.
Today, we’re growing fast and profitable. And we’d like your help.
About the role
As our Product Marketing Manager, your mission is to generate customer insights that inform UpGuard’s product strategy, lead go-to-market for our suite of products, and enable our sales team. Product Marketing is a highly-cross functional role at UpGuard, partnering with Product, Sales, Marketing and Customer Success.
Different from many other Product Marketing roles, we expect you to work across the entire product lifecycle, from helping shape product release notes, driving feature launches, to growing product adoption post-launch.
In short, we’re looking for a creative, analytical, collaborative product marketer to join our team.
- A storyteller. You have deep empathy for our users and are able to adapt how you communicate to best reach and engage our audience–from security analyst to CISO–and differentiate UpGuard. You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Data-oriented. You like working with data and insights and pair that with your passion for users to generate balanced and thoughtful points of view for how to take our products to market
- Organized. You are able to manage highly interdependent, complex projects, and keep various workstreams on track
- Passionate about cybersecurity. You are keen to learn about how our products work and are able to explain technical concepts in ways that everyday people can understand
- Ambitious. You are eager to make an impact at UpGuard. You thrive in a fast-growing, dynamic, hyper-growth environment and are able to switch between strategy and execution
- A team player. Our Product Marketer will collaborate with basically every team at UpGuard. You are able to work with a range of disciplines to execute on your work
- Deeply understand how to scope and execute marketing strategies needed to reach different customer segments: talk regularly with users and prospects and work with our Marketing and Sales teams for qualitative and quantitative insights that inform your work (content, messaging, positioning etc)
- Enable our sales team with collateral, tools and by contributing to training/onboarding new sales hires
- Advocate for our existing and prospective users, be informed about our competitive landscape, and become the go-to expert for our product suite
- Develop product positioning and messaging informed by user research, market insights, and product understanding
- Work closely with a range of cross-functional teams–Product, Marketing and Sales –to develop go-to-market strategy and drive launches for our products
- Track the right metrics and execute campaigns that drive awareness and adoption on an ongoing basis
Our ideal candidate will have
- 3+ years of relevant work experience that can span marketing, product marketing or product management roles
- Experience working on product marketing throughout a product’s lifecycle
- Experience in B2B marketing and working closely with Sales
It’s not expected that any single candidate would have expertise across all of these areas—we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas, and have some interest and capabilities in others.
What's in it for you
- High-level of exposure to the fast-growing cybersecurity market
- Opportunity to work directly with and learn from our leadership team
- Generous compensation package including a great base salary and equity
- Great perks including free lunch, flexible work arrangements, and gym reimbursement program
- A great team and working environment in Sydney’s CBD.