Customer Success Manager
Customer Success – TAM Team /
Who are we?
UpGuard’s mission is to protect the world’s data. We obsessively seek out elegant, robust ways to enable our customers to find, acknowledge, and remediate cyber risk. With UpGuard, organizations leverage our security expertise and software to automate what was once laborious, spreadsheet-driven processes–whether it's monitoring the attack surface of hundreds of vendors or assessing the security of their own infrastructure. UpGuard is used by some of the world’s largest, fastest-growing, and most innovative companies.
Why are we hiring for this role?
Due to continued growth, the Customer Success team is expanding and we require a Customer Success Manager to join our high-performing team to onboard and enable our customers. The ideal candidate will be experienced in leading customer interactions, detail-oriented, articulate, and credible with the ability to listen effectively and provide clear advice.
As a Customer Success Manager, you'll report to the Manager of Customer Success, EMEA, and analyze the causes of your customer’s greatest pain points and work closely to mitigate them using UpGuard technology. You will solicit constant feedback from both customers and colleagues, helping improve UpGuard over time, and you’ll work with customers around the world, from early contact to successful deployment, gaining constant, and unique, insight into the world's most important industries and institutions.
What will you accomplish?
- You will onboard and manage UpGuard customers to ensure they understand how best to use UpGuard effectively to meet their goals
- You will provide resources to your customers, including success plans, and customer-specific training sessions. You will also organize regular check-in calls
- You will engage your customers early and frequently, to help them get the most out of UpGuard from day one and continue to drive engagement
- You will translate your customer’s requirements by understanding their risk management frameworks to offer a tailored solution on how best they can utilize UpGuard
- You will monitor the health of your customers and intervene with proactive education when customers are not effectively using UpGuard to achieve the value they expected
- Advocate for the customer; Provide updates to internal cross-functional partners (Product, Sales, and Marketing) on customer perspectives, risks, strategic insights, issue resolution activities, expansion, and cross-sell opportunities
What do we need from you?
- 2+ years of experience in customer success, project management, or account management
- Experience with supporting and building customer relationships
- Highly organized with the ability to update existing documentation and document new processes
- An understanding of cyber risk management or risk management frameworksHigh-level of proficiency in the English language, both written and spoken
- The ability to work cross-functionally with many internal groups and be a team player
- High energy and a willingness to learn
What would give you an edge?
- Experience in Customer Success tools, such as ChurnZero or GainSight
- Experience with a CRM, such as HubSpot or Salesforce
- Experience in cyber risk management or risk management
- Understanding of Cyber Security best practices
- Basic/working knowledge of APIs
- Experience conducting training sessions
- An ability to speak with customers in German/French/Spanish
What's in it for you?
- Rapidly growing user base: Work directly with some of the world’s largest, fastest-growing, and most innovative companies
- Interesting problems, at scale: Deeply explore the ever-evolving world of cybersecurity, with a platform processing billions of data points daily
- Learn from industry-leading experts: Our security research has been featured in The New York Times, The New Yorker, The Washington Post, TechCrunch, Bloomberg, Gizmodo, Engadget, Forbes, ZDNet, and The Guardian
- Impact: See the impact of your work on a daily basis, with data and impact available on dashboards you have access to
- Generous compensation: Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
- Great perks: Grocery and gym reimbursements, flexible work arrangements, learning and development stipend, and generous PTO package
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check and reference checks. Also please note that at this time, we cannot support candidates requiring visa sponsorship or relocation. Apologies.
UpGuard is Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Please note, at this time we can only support hiring for this role in the UK.