Operations – Corporate IT
We’re looking for a Systems Administrator to join us in our new Hobart office servicing our growing APAC and International teams.
What we're looking for
- Bachelor's degree, equivalent practical experience or an exceptional demonstration of raw skills
- 4 years of experience implementing, troubleshooting and supporting OSX/Unix/Linux operating systems
- Experience in configuration management and automation efforts with technical troubleshooting and performance tuning experience
- Excellent scripting experience in writing/modifying code to improve monitoring and automation (Python,Perl, Shell, etc)
- You have excellent knowledge and experience in networking and associated topics
- Experience programming in any of the following languages; Java, Perl, Go, Ruby, C or C++
- Experience with mixed operating systems (e.g. OSX, Linux, Red Hat, Windows, et.)
- Knowledge of OS internals (file systems, storage, process lifecycle, etc)
- Exceptional customer service, leadership, organizational, communication and interface skills
- Experience with managing SaaS applications in a OS agnostic environment (ChromeOS/OSX/Linux)
- Past experience in a desktop support role
In addition to technical skills, our ideal candidate has
- A highly ethical personality
- A keen interest in gaming and/or general logic puzzles
- Exceptional communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Exceptional EQ
- An interest in working in a security conscious environment
- Familiarity with topics such as CI/CD, ITIL and/or SOC-2
- Experience in Chef, Puppet, Ansible or Salt
- Deep or emerging interest in security topics
- Well travelled and experienced in other cultures
- Fluent in a language other than English
- Community management skills, OSS, etc
- Administer OSX, ChromeOS & Cloud Application systems, including configuration, monitoring, troubleshooting, and automation
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, network systems, key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
- Maintain SaaS applications for employees
- Analyze complex system behavior, performance, application issues and participate in the on-call rotation
- Ensure security practices are maintained and continually improved
- Work in a fast-paced environment while ensuring the uptime and availability of UpGuard's products to customers and employees
- Respond to tickets and support, maintain, and deploy team-supported infrastructure and documentation.
- Occasional travel to the USA (Mountain View) and within Australia (Sydney)
At UpGuard, we're building cybersecurity products that help organizations protect their information and prevent data breaches.
Founded in 2012, we're a profitable venture backed startup with hundreds of enterprise customers such as 23&Me, NASA, NYSE, Xinja, First State Super, IAG and ADP. Our threat intelligence capabilities have lead to the discovery of data exposures cited by The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Forbes, BBC and The Washington Post among other publications.
With offices in Mountain View, CA and Sydney, Australia, we're a global team that takes great pride in what we do.