Senior Software Engineer
Sydney / Melbourne / Hobart / Brisbane
Product – Product Engineering /
Who are we?
UpGuard’s mission is to protect the world’s data. We obsessively seek out elegant, robust ways to enable our customers to find, acknowledge, and remediate cyber risk. With UpGuard, organizations leverage our security expertise and software to automate what was once laborious, spreadsheet-driven processes–whether it's monitoring the attack surface of hundreds of vendors or assessing the security of their own infrastructure. UpGuard is used by some of the world’s largest, fastest-growing, and most innovative companies.
Why are we hiring this role?
As developers at UpGuard, we immerse ourselves in the swiftly evolving and increasingly vital realm of cybersecurity. Our focus is on presenting data in intelligent and creative ways, crafting integrated solutions that directly influence the security posture of our global customers. With the majority of the internet scanned across multiple vectors daily, we confront challenges like high throughput, massive concurrency, and big data on a daily basis. The way we address these challenges reflects the essence of the developers we welcome into our team.
We are experiencing rapid growth and are in search of skilled Software Engineers who naturally gravitate towards simplifying complex webscale problems, all while contributing to the safety of our customers. We take the creation of highly performant, massively scalable software seriously.
What will you accomplish?
- Engage in green-fields development as we introduce new features on the platform.
- Make an immediate impact on the product set, taking full ownership across the stack from frontend to backend, and right up to production DevOps (React, Go, Kubernetes, GCP).
- Explore an interesting, challenging domain, mastering the fundamentals of cyber security and the internet.
- Go beyond coding – collaborate with the team and our customers to influence product design and direction.
- Apply agile processes with an adaptable and non-dogmatic approach.
What do we need from you?
- Outstanding software design and development skills. We value individuals who write reliable, well-thought-through code, including high-quality automated tests.
- Experience in building highly scalable software systems.
- The ability to make pragmatic trade-offs in design and delivery.
- An interest in shaping product features.
- Collaboration: We are a tight-knit team that encourages each other to keep improving.
- Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
What would give you an edge?
- Experience in cybersecurity. If not, you’ll just need to be willing to learn
- We use a modern stack - React, Go, and Kubernetes on Google Cloud Platform - so experience in those technologies is a plus
- Experience working on a SaaS product set
- Experience working in an agile software development team
What's in it for you?
- Hybrid or Remote: you choose. While we have offices in Sydney & Hobart, we don’t mandate how often you need to be there. We focus on what you deliver, not where you deliver it from.
- Impact: Influence the direction and design of projects that push the boundaries of your field and see the impact of your work daily.
- Be part of an energetic team: Our team is highly collaborative, fostering a positive work environment that encourages creativity and innovation.
- We value work-life balance: We recognize the importance of maintaining balance and provide a supportive work environment that allows you to prioritize your personal life and well-being.
- Generous reward: We offer a competitive salary + equity
- Great perks: You won’t find table tennis tables or office mandates - we prefer to offer perks that support your overall well-being - including a lifestyle allowance, well-being program, WFH budget, personal learning & development budget, generous leave benefits, and plenty more!
UpGuard is a Certified Great Place to Work® in the US, Australia, UK and India, establishing its position as a leading global technology employer. 99% of team members agree that UpGuard is a great place to work, apply now to find out why!
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
For applications to positions in the United States, please note, at this time we can only support hiring in the following US states: CA, MD, MA, IL, OR, WA, CO, TX, FL, PA, LA, MO, DC or NV.
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check and reference checks. Also please note that at this time, we cannot support candidates requiring visa sponsorship or relocation.