Sales Development Representative
APAC – Sales
About the role
As an SDR at UpGuard. you will be creating and qualifying new sales opportunities for our sales team. We’re looking for a driven individual who possesses an inquisitive mind, an excellent phone presence and enjoy the challenges of outbound prospecting. In addition, you'll be managing a critical part of our sales process by qualifying inbound prospects.
What you'll be doing
- Generating new opportunities using outbound tactics (email sequences, LinkedIn, cold calling etc.)
- Identifying, targeting and nurturing potential outbound opportunities
- Qualifying inbound opportunities
- Understanding the needs of prospects and communicating them clearly to the sales reps you’re working with
- Clearly articulating UpGuard’s value proposition and products to prospects and positioning it based on their particular problem/need
- Taking accurate and detailed notes in our CRM
- Working collaboratively with sales, marketing and product to utilise the insights you learn from prospects to make process and product improvements
What we're looking for
- 1-2 years' experience in B2B tech sales as an SDR/BDR
- Experience with outbound sales
- High-level of proficiency in the English language, both written and spoken.
- Ability to give and receive feedback – you will collaborate with our sales and marketing teams to drive process improvements
- High energy and willing to learn
- B2B SaaS experience
- Domain experience in cybersecurity or supply chain information risk
- Experience with Hubspot, Close.io, or other CRM software
What's in it for you
- High level exposure to a fast-growing cybersecurity market selling to C-level executives
- Opportunity to work directly with and learn from our sales and leadership team
- Exposure and opportunities to work collaboratively with marketing, product, operations and customer success
- Generous compensation package including a great base salary + uncapped commission + equity
- Great perks including free lunches, flexible work arrangements and gym reimbursement program
- A great team and working environment in Sydney’s CBD
At UpGuard, we're building cybersecurity products that help organisations protect their information and prevent data breaches.
Founded in 2012, we have raised over $30M in VC funding to-date and have 100+ enterprise customers such as NASA, NYSE, First State Super, IAG and ADP. Our threat intelligence capabilities have lead to the discovery of data exposures cited by The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Forbes, BBC and The Washington Post among other publications.
With offices in Mountain View, CA and Sydney, Australia, we're a global team of ~40 people that takes great pride in what we do.