Manager - Commercial Contracts
Operations – Business Operations
UpGuard is looking for an experienced Commercial Contracts Manager to join our Operations team.
Working closely with our commercial sales team, your primary focus will be supporting UpGuard’s global commercial sales and operations teams in the preparation, negotiation, review and operationalization of contracts.
This role includes reponsiblity for the lifecycle of contracts in the company ranging from; non-disclosure agreements, purchase and sale contracts, purchase agreements, services agreements, software agreements and warranty documentation and there implementation for all of our On-Premise and SaaS Security products.
You will also be required to manage a variety of strategic contracting initiatives relating to our business. The successful candidate must be inquisitive, enthusiastic about technology, detail oriented, enjoy working hard and being continually challenged.
This position will be based in Hobart, Australia and will focus on supporting transactions globally.
What we are looking for
- Tertiary educated in a relevant discipline such as commerce, accounting and finance, or business studies, ideally also with a CA/CPA/CFA/CIMA qualification
- An immaculate approach to document/process organization
- Experience with contract management software and web-based document storage and management platforms
- A team player with the ability to proactively identify problems and identify pragmatic/creative solutions
- Ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively and to juggle competing priorities in a fast-paced, challenging environment.
- A quick and flexible learner, intellectually curious, open-minded, adaptable, comfortable with ambiguity and risk, and excited by dynamic change
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to quickly earn the confidence of your colleagues and a willingness to communicate with teammates early and often
- High standards, impeccable integrity and ethics, unquestionable good judgment, well-honed analytical skills, superior oral and written communications skills, and a keen sense of humor
In addition to technical skills, our ideal candidate has
- Excellent academic credentials
- 5+ years of contracts management, paralegal, or comparable experience
- Exceptional drafting, reviewing and negotiating skills
- Exceptional experience with software agreements, professional service supply agreements, supply chain matters, requests for proposals and commercial bids
- Experience in the cybersecurity industry
- Business development experience
- SaaS Contract Management experience
- Commercial Contracting experience in a global role
- A deep interest in varied risk & security topics
- Well travelled and experienced in other cultures
- Fluent in a language other than English
- Working with Regional Sales Managers and broader commercial sales teams to optimise contract performance
- Assessing the commercial pricing constructs and intents of the contract and balancing our risk appetite accordingly
- Monitor performance and compliance issues
- Deliver first-class analytics regarding the perfomance of contracts and returns to the business
- Assist with the preparation, negotiation, review and execution of contracts relating to the sale, installation and maintenance of UpGuard’s products (commercial and consumer facing) around the world
- Create and maintain accurate records of all contracts and act as the point person for questions on UpGuard’s contractual obligations
- Help the Business Operations & Customer Success teams operationalize contracts effectively, including creation of contract administration manuals where necessary
- Drive operational efficiencies within the Business Operations team through data-driven analysis and continued process improvement
- Develop and maintain template forms of agreements for our business, partners & suppliers
- Support contract finalization and execution, including coordination regarding internal approval processes.
At UpGuard, we're building cybersecurity products that help organizations protect their information and prevent data breaches.
Founded in 2012, we're a profitable venture backed startup with hundreds of enterprise customers such as 23&Me, NASA, NYSE, Xinja, First State Super, IAG and ADP. Our threat intelligence capabilities have lead to the discovery of data exposures cited by The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Forbes, BBC and The Washington Post among other publications.
With offices in Mountain View, CA and Sydney, Australia, we're a global team that takes great pride in what we do.