United States - Remote /
Legal – Legal /
Uplift’s mission is to help people get more out of life, one thoughtful purchase at a time. Our enterprise Buy Now, Pay Later solution is used by the world’s most loved brands including Southwest Airlines, Carnival Cruise Line, Universal Studios, and more. With flexible pay over time installments, we empower consumers to buy what matters most while unlocking higher conversions and customer lifetime value for our partners.
Our team is rapidly growing and comes from diverse backgrounds of leading technology and financial brands. Our HQ is in Sunnyvale, CA with offices in Toronto, New York, Reno, and Guadalajara, Mexico.
Working at Uplift allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We make this a reality by empowering you with the tools, resources, and support you need to grow your career.
Uplift is looking for a Compliance Analyst to provide support to our compliance management program. This role will ensure that the company complies with legal requirements in Canada, the United States, and anywhere else we are doing business. The successful candidate will work cross functionally to assist in building the compliance monitoring function.
What you will do and acheive
- Play an integral role in Uplift's compliance management program, working with regulators, bank partners, investors, and business partners
- Keep the business compliant with applicable laws and regulations and internal policies, across marketing, operations, product, lending and credit policy
- Conduct regular testing and monitoring, and work across functions to help identify compliance concerns and escalate to management to remediate issues
- Assist in internal and external audits and exams
- Collaborate with the product and marketing teams to ensure that Uplift's products adhere to required standards
- Perform reviews of loan and account documentation for SCRA compliance
- Carry out any other regulatory compliance related work
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-3 years of experience in compliance, preferably in consumer lending FinTech
- Familiarity with US and Canadian laws governing payments and consumer lending
- Experience in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities
- Strong problem-solving skills and demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently
- Willing to learn SQL or has experience with SQL
- Spanish or French speaking is an asset
We want you!
If you made it this far, chances are you’re as excited about working to change how people experience BNPL as we are — and we love that. Please apply even if you’re unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. Uplift is looking for smart, intellectually curious people who are invested in our mission, not just those who can “check all the boxes”.
Uplift is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Note: Uplift does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Uplift is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.