Machine Learning Engineer
R & D – Machine Learning /
Upshot builds financial infrastructure for long-tail assets. Our advanced machine learning models provide real-time valuations and liquidity for NFTs, Real World Assets, and other long-tail assets typically overlooked by traditional finance. By enabling price discovery and tradability, we unlock new markets where traders can participate with confidence. We envision an open financial system where any asset can be valued and traded
As crypto-natives and ML experts with experience across leading Web3 projects, our team combines deep blockchain knowledge with cutting-edge technical capabilities. We’re backed by top crypto venture funds and angel investors who share our vision for the future of digital ownership.
At Upshot, we nurture our people just as much as our products, providing an environment where top talent can thrive at the intersection of crypto and AI. Together, we’re building the infrastructure and services that will allow NFTs and other assets to fulfill their potential to transform finance, ownership, and creative economies. Join us as we shape the next frontier.
The NFT marketplace poses considerable challenges for ML model development, as NFT collections and data sources are in constant flux. Pricing NFTs needs to successfully deal with the scale and rapid evolution of the marketplace, as well as the idiosyncrasies of individual NFT collections. This is a complex ML problem with various challenging aspects: heterogeneous input data in different formats (images, text, video, audio), arbitrary metadata per collection, sparse transaction and auction history, cold-start problems, and high risk of model drift over time.
We are looking for an ML Engineer to join our Data & ML team. Our growing team of ML engineers is responsible for building market-leading ML models that accurately estimate the value of NFTs and NFT collections, utilising the heterogeneous data available per collection. The ML Engineer will report to our Head of Data & ML.
- Building, deploying, maintaining and monitoring the ML models at the core of our product
- Exploring and analyzing existing and new datasets to create highly predictive features and insights
- Working with our Data team to productionize a ML models and prioritize new datasets
- Building ML libraries and frameworks for robust testing and fast deployment of ML models
- 3+ years building and deploying ML models to production in a commercial setting
- 5+ years Python programming experience, particularly on the data science stack
- 5+ years SQL
- Strong statistical skills and scientific mindset
- Experience working with complex datasets
- Experience productionizing and monitoring ML models and creating automated pipelines
- Experience building modular, extensible and reusable ML frameworks
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Team player with a collaborative mindset
- Technical degree in engineering, computer science, or equivalent (ML education is a plus)
Upshot is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.