Machine Learning Engineer
R & D – Machine Learning /
Upshot is the preeminent company providing appraisal services for NFTs and unique digital assets. Leveraging cutting-edge machine learning models, Upshot produces accurate, real-time appraisals for almost any NFT. Our products create a broad new frontier for NFT markets, enabling an entirely new class of financial primitives.
We are a team of crypto-natives and ML experts, with deep experience working on some of the leading projects in Web3, and backed by the foremost funds and angels in crypto. At Upshot, we are committed to nurturing top talent looking to make an impact at the forefront of this new frontier.
The NFT marketplace poses considerable challenges for ML model development, as NFT collections and data sources are in constant flux. Pricing NFTs needs to successfully deal with the scale and rapid evolution of the marketplace, as well as the idiosyncrasies of individual NFT collections. This is a complex ML problem with various challenging aspects: heterogeneous input data in different formats (images, text, video, audio), arbitrary metadata per collection, sparse transaction and auction history, cold-start problems, and high risk of model drift over time.
We are looking for an ML Engineer to join our Data & ML team. Our growing team of ML engineers is responsible for building market-leading ML models that accurately estimate the value of NFTs and NFT collections, utilising the heterogeneous data available per collection. The ML Engineer will report to our Head of Data & ML.
- Building, deploying, maintaining and monitoring the ML models at the core of our product
- Exploring and analyzing existing and new datasets to create highly predictive features and insights
- Working with our Data team to productionize a ML models and prioritize new datasets
- Building ML libraries and frameworks for robust testing and fast deployment of ML models
- 3+ years building and deploying ML models to production in a commercial setting
- 5+ years Python programming experience, particularly on the data science stack
- 5+ years SQL
- Strong statistical skills and scientific mindset
- Experience working with complex datasets
- Experience productionizing and monitoring ML models and creating automated pipelines
- Experience building modular, extensible and reusable ML frameworks
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Team player with a collaborative mindset
- Technical degree in engineering, computer science, or equivalent (ML education is a plus)
Upshot is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.