Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer
Washington, DC OR Remote
We are an ambitious, well-funded startup with plans to change a $1 trillion-dollar global industry. This is no ordinary startup. We have a proven management team that has done it before, done it before together, and done it before in the travel industry. The company is overflowing with fiercely intelligent people who have tons of energy and an upbeat view of the future. We all act like owners and we get a huge kick out doing great work and doing it fast. We like it even more when we come up with a fresh way to solve a problem. Above all, we are devoted to solving customer problems, because that’s at the center of everything we do.
As a Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer at Upside, you will ensure our production systems are designed, configured, and deployed securely. We’re looking for an engineer that enjoys taking the reins on security-related initiatives and working with other teams to see them through.
- You have 5+ years of demonstrated infrastructure security experience.
- You have experience securing and monitoring Linux hosts in AWS. Other cloud providers (GCP, Azure, etc) optional.
- You have a solid and demonstrable understanding of Docker and Kubernetes.
- You have experience with SIEM and/or log aggregation systems.
- You have some programming and/or scripting experience in any language or scripting tool.
- You have experience automating security tools and processes.
- You understand vulnerability scanning (Nessus experience a plus).
- You have deep knowledge of networking, DNS, HTTP, and TLS.
ABOUT THE GIG
- You will serve as Upside’s expert on infrastructure security.
- You will work with our SRE team to secure Upside’s cloud-based infrastructure.
- You will evaluate, design, and implement secure solutions for networking, orchestration, authentication, and authorization.
- You will own Upside’s security monitoring and scanning process.
- You will investigate security incidents and report findings to leadership.
- You will be an advocate for security at Upside.
ABOUT ENGINEERING AT UPSIDE
We love to ship. We’re completely on the CI/CD train, shipping code multiple times a day. We’ve developed a clustered container environment in AWS using Docker and Kubernetes to manage dozens of microservices written primarily in Node and Go. Our web frontend is written in React/Redux and we’re building native iOS and Android apps that take full advantage of the powerful platforms they run on. **
We are positive, passionate, playful, and always pushing to be better. Our team is a hodgepodge of challenge seekers, travel gurus, startup junkies, and data-miners who see the big picture.
YOU WANT TO TALK TO US IF…
You are motivated by disrupting the norm.
You have a great sense of humor and take your profession seriously, but not yourself.
Your entrepreneurial spirit drives your bias for action.
You are all about constructive feedback - you can dish it out and you can take it.
You thrive in the frenetic energy of a startup.
WHAT WE OFFER
Competitive salary + equity
Full health, vision, and dental coverage
Professional development stipend
Open paid time off
Upside Travel is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply. We are committed to being an inclusive place to work, while maintaining a workforce that represents the communities we serve.