We are an ambitious, well-funded startup with plans to change a $1 trillion-dollar global industry. This is no ordinary startup. We have a proven management team that has done it before, done it before together, and done it before in the travel industry. The company is overflowing with fiercely intelligent people who have tons of energy and an upbeat view of the future. We all act like owners and we get a huge kick out doing great work and doing it fast. We like it even more when we come up with a fresh way to solve a problem. Above all, we are devoted to solving customer problems, because that’s at the center of everything of we do.
- You are passionate about building apps that users love -- like really, really love. You have 2-5 years of experience in Android application development, including density independence and Android Support library. You love showing off what you’ve built to friends, family, neighbors, and even strangers on the street!
- You are looking to get in on the ground floor of a well-funded startup with a proven leadership team and a mobile-centric user acquisition strategy.
- You are proficient in Java and Android tools like Android Studio and Gradle. In addition, you are familiar with Google guidelines and APIs including Material Design, permissions APIs, and GCM.
- You’ve published through Google Play (including BETA testing and staged rollouts). Bonus if you have also published through the Amazon Appstore.
- You’ve interfaced with RESTful JSON APIs, AWS cloud services, GitHub and you have a TDD tattoo (well, maybe not really, but we really believe in testing!).
- Bonus: Experience with Gson, Okhttp, Dagger, Butterknife, and Kotlin.
ABOUT THE GIG
- Work with our President and Engineering team leadership to create an app that harnesses the power of mobile in yet-to-be-imagined ways. We have the capital to build it right, and we need to build it quickly.
- Work closely with product, UX, and industry experts to build out features that take business travel from mundane to magical.
We are positive, passionate, playful, and always pushing to be better. Our team is a hodgepodge of challenge seekers, travel gurus, startup junkies, and data-miners who see the big picture.
ABOUT ENGINEERING AT UPSIDE
We love to ship. We're completely on the CI/CD train, shipping code multiple times a day. We've developed a clustered container environment in AWS using Docker and Kubernetes to manage dozens of microservices written primarily in Node and Go. Our web frontend is written in React/Redux and we're building native iOS and Android apps that take full advantage of the powerful platforms they run on. View our blog at: engineering.upside.com
YOU WANT TO TALK TO US IF…
· You are motivated by disrupting the norm.
· You have a great sense of humor and take your profession seriously, but not yourself.
· Your entrepreneurial spirit drives your bias for action.
· You are all about constructive feedback - you can dish it out and you can take it.
· You thrive in the frenetic energy of a startup.
WHAT WE OFFER
· Competitive salary + equity
· Full health, vision, and dental coverage
· 401K plan
· Open paid time off
· Impromptu Nerf gun battles
Upside Travel is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply. We are committed to being an inclusive place to work, while maintaining a workforce that represents the communities we serve.