iOS Engineer (Swift)
We are building a world-class engineering team passionate about designing, implementing and deploying products that will transform business travel from mundane to magical. Our key to success is to have a mobile experience that leverages the power of native apps driven by a scalable backend infrastructure.
This is no ordinary startup. We’ve already brought on some of the most passionate, intelligent and seasoned founding team members in the travel space. We have a strong engineering team coupled with a product team with decades of experience.
- You possess a deep knowledge of iOS gained through years of experience. You’ve found a number of bugs in UITableView and have managed to work around them.
- You have 3-5 years of experience in native iOS development. You are passionate about building native apps that users can’t live without.
- You’ve fully on board with Swift and are excited about working on a Swift-only app.
- You are proficient in iOS development tools like Xcode and TestFlight and you’ve read and re-read Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines.
- You’ve been a part of agile software development teams and are familiar with daily standups, sprint planning and retros.
- You’ve built RESTful JSON APIs before and know your way around GitHub and unit testing.
- You’ve used common iOS third party libraries such as Alamofire alongside a dependency manager such as CocoaPods and are familiar with their strengths and weaknesses.
ABOUT THE GIG
- Work on a highly rated iOS app as part of an agile, cross-functional team that includes product, UX and design.
- Build mobile features that leverage native capabilities such as geolocation, push notifications and Apple Pay.
- Have a direct impact on the needs of Upside travelers that rely on us daily for their on-trip experience.
- Join a culture that empowers you to take ownership of a feature from start to finish.
- We use the latest tools for native development as well as bleeding-edge full-stack technologies such as Node, React, GraphQL, Kubernetes, Docker, AWS.
- And Slack. We love Slack.
YOU WANT TO TALK TO US IF…
Your entrepreneurial spirit drives your bias for action.
You thrive in the frenetic energy of a startup.
You are motivated by disrupting the norm.
You have a great sense of humor and take your profession seriously, but not yourself.
You are all about constructive feedback – you can dish it out and you can take it.
WHAT WE OFFER
Competitive salary + equity
Full health, vision and dental coverage
Open paid time off
An awesome office in the heart of DC
ABOUT ENGINEERING AT UPSIDE
We love to ship. We're completely on the CI/CD train, shipping code multiple times a day. We've developed a clustered container environment in AWS using Docker and Kubernetes to manage dozens of microservices written primarily in Node and Python. Our web frontend is written in React/Redux and we’re building native iOS and Android apps that take full advantage of the powerful platforms they run on. View our blog at engineering.upside.com.
Upside Travel is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply. We are committed to being an inclusive place to work, while maintaining a workforce that represents the communities we serve.