UI Designer - II
Technology – Product Design /
Upstox is a leading fintech company that empowers traders and investors through its innovative mobile and web app. We offer a comprehensive suite of asset classes, including Stocks and IPOs, Futures and Options, Commodities, Mutual Funds, Sovereign Gold Bonds, and more upcoming, making us a frontrunner in revolutionising the trading and investing experience.
Driven by a mission to simplify trading and investing, Upstox aims to make it accessible and affordable for everyone. Through our state-of-the-art, commission-free platform, we empower individuals, from novice investors to seasoned traders, to make informed investment decisions across multiple categories. Our unwavering focus on customer needs and our commitment to providing personalised, powerful tools have fueled our remarkable growth. We've witnessed a surge of 800% in our customer base, from 25,000 in 2017 to 200,000 in 2019, and continued to grow at an exponential rate in 2020, with over 3 million customers entrusting us with their investment decisions. This growth trajectory has propelled us to become an industry leader in India.
We are a team of highly skilled product, design, technology, and finance professionals, and we are constantly seeking talented and motivated individuals to join our high-energy team. As we expand our Product Design teams across all verticals (UX, UI, Research), we are looking for passionate individuals who thrive on transforming complex technical and financial problems into simple, customer-friendly solutions. If you share our passion for innovation and customer delight, you will find a fulfilling and rewarding career at Upstox.
As a UI Designer 2, you will take ownership of designing mobile and web app interfaces, ensuring a seamless experience across platforms. Collaborating closely with UX designers, developers, and other UI Designers, you'll be instrumental in building a scalable design system, creating prototypes and frontend designs, and translating intricate financial concepts into user-friendly solutions. We are seeking a dedicated and experienced designer who excels in a fast-growth startup environment and consistently delivers results.
What you’ll do
- You will design and own the UI, guaranteeing a consistent, user-centric experience across platforms
- You will collaborate with other UI Designers, UX designers and developers to craft compelling user experiences and maintain a consistent brand and user experience
- You will contribute to and build a scalable and flexible design system to support future product growth
- You will create concept sketches, wireframes, and prototypes for iterative design
- You will create frontend ready designs from UX concepts and wireframes
- You will partner with developers, providing detailed specs and ensuring design consistency is implemented
- You will align design decisions with user needs and business goals
Who you are
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Fine Arts, or a related field
- You have at least 3+ years of UI design experience, with a portfolio showcasing the same
- You have a deep understanding of branding, visual design, UX, and digital marketing.
- You have excellent visual design skills with a user-centric approach, and are passionate about branding, storytelling, and crafting engaging content
- You are proficient in Figma and Adobe Creative SuiteYou demonstrate the ability to manage projects autonomously, collaborate effectively, and embrace feedback
- You are Up-to-date with latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies.You have strong organisational, analytical, and technical skills.
- You are adept with working with an Agile methodology and data-informed product development experience
(A plus!)You have exceptional communication and presentation skills, adept at explaining design to stakeholders and engineers.You demonstrate an entrepreneurial spirit and strong diplomatic skills to collaborate across teams without formal authorityYou can thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced startup environment
- You have experience designing for financial apps or complex data
- visualisationsYou can code basic HTML/CSS or at least understand development constraints
- You are passionate about the stock market and financial literacy