Senior Product Manager
Technology – Product /
The Upstox Story: Upstox is one of India's leading Fin-Tech companies with a mission to simplify trading & investing to make it easily accessible to the masses. We aim to enable everyone, from new investors to seasoned traders, to invest across multiple categories with our state-of-the-art trade & investment platform and commission-free pricing. We offer numerous asset categories to invest in, like Stocks, Digital Gold, IPOs, Mutual Funds, and more. By focusing on our customers’ needs and equipping them with personalised yet powerful tools, we witnessed a steep growth of 800% in our customer base from 25 Thousand in 2017 to 2 Lakh in 2019. With 1500% growth in 2020, currently, over 3 million customers trust us with their investment decisions, thus setting us on the course to become an industry-leader in the country. Our mission is simple - to break down the complexities of investing and make it more effortless, accessible, affordable, and easy for the masses to adopt. This key principle when infused with intuitive design and leading-edge technology will help us empower every Indian to take control of their investments. RKSV Securities was founded by Ravi Kumar and Shrinivas Viswanath in 2009 and was soon graced by Kavitha Subramanian as the third co-founder in 2016. Backed by Ratan Tata, Upstox had raised $4 million in Series A funding in early 2016 that was led by Kalaari Capital. The Series B funding round scaled multifold and witnessed an investment of $25 million by US-based investment firm - Tiger Global Management in September 2019. We have a team of highly skilled technology and finance professionals, and are currently looking for highly motivated field experts to be part of our high-energy team.
Role: Senior Product Manager What will you need to own and do:As Senior Product Manager for growth, you will play a key role in our journey to make capital markets easily accessible and affordable to all Indians. You will be conceptualising and executing ideas that help us acquire new customers via product & non-product growth channels. The job will involve understanding trader’s & investor’s requirements and what motivates them to get started with their trading & investing journey. Roles and responsibilities:
1. Design and own product roadmap. Ensure steady execution of product life cycle processes from idea to final launch
2. Define, understand, and improve key funnels and metrics.
3. Coordinate with internal business verticals to collect requirements and convert them into clear actionable items
4. Manage daily interaction with the tech team to clear their doubts if any in the requirements documents.
5. Own features and experiments end-to-end, including writing product specs, driving cross-functional execution, making thoughtful product decisions along the way, and sharing insights and results throughout the company.
6. Gather, review, and interpret qualitative & quantitative data to uncover new product insights.
7. Define and create metrics to measure the success of the product. Work on continuous enhancements at each stage of the product life-cycle
What we looking for in you:
- Engineering and / Management degree from a premier institute
- 7+ years of overall experience in Product Management, Engineering or Consulting
- Experience in the B2C segment- Prior experience in understanding and working with APIs driven business processes
- Ability to conceptualise, manage and prioritise tasks
- Good people management skills.
- The role will involve coordinating with various stakeholders.
- Clear verbal and written communication skills
Where will we like you to be based out of: § Mumbai
Psst… tips on how you can beat the competition:
§ Product taste and craftsmanship. You will own the first product interaction for every Upstox user, and should show the attention to detail this responsibility deserves.
§ Data-informed decision maker. You deeply understand how your products work and how to measure long-term impact. You know every step of the funnel. You can design, run, and interpret experiments at a very high pace and probably know a bit of SQL.
§ Impact focus and a history of consistently delivering measurable results for both users and the business.
§ Problem solver. You can identify user and business problems and use technology to solve them efficiently.
§ Technical background demonstrated through related coursework (e.g. computer science, electrical engineering), internships, extracurricular activities, or personal projects.
§ Written communication that is clear and effective.