Manager - Legal
Mumbai – Legal & Compliance /
The Upstox Story:
One of the fastest growing stock broking companies and first brokers in India to introduce commission-free trading for investors. Our customers enjoy zero brokerage on equity delivery trades and a flat Rs. 20 per order pricing model on all other segments.
We are on our way to become the leader in low-cost brokerage and No.1 stock broker in the country. We scaled from a customer database of 25k customers in 2017 to 2 Lakh customers in 2019 to 2+ Million customers now.
The company will continue to be driven by its guiding principle of making trading in stock markets simple and affordable for all.
Company’s focus on high-design and leading-edge technology seeks to revolutionise the online trading industry in India, all at disruptive price points. Backed by Ratan Tata, Upstox had raised $4 million in Series A funding in early 2016 that was led by Kalaari Capital. The round also saw participation from health care tech firm GVK Davix Technologies Pvt Ltd. US-based investment firm Tiger Global Management invested $25 million in the company in September 2019 in a Series B funding round.
We have a team of highly skilled technology and finance professionals, and are currently looking for highly motivated field experts to be part of our high-energy team.
Position: Manager - Legal
Location: Prabhadevi / Parel, Mumbai
Roles & Responsibilities:
1. Vetting of NDAs, Service Agreements, MSA, Referral Agreement and documents
2. Act as a trusted advisor and deliver expert legal advice in relation to the laws and regulations governing financial services products, Stock Exchange
3. To partner with the teams, delivering a best in class legal service that enables the business to deliver on their objectives, whilst effectively managing legal risk and ensuring good outcomes
4. Proactively identifying and advising on legal and regulatory risks, escalating these as necessary to stakeholders, and assisting with recommending and implementing solutions, including in relation to the implementation of new legislation and regulatory requirements
5. Provide input to new and existing policies and procedures to ensure that any changes to processes are within the permitted legal and regulatory framework
6. Can be part of Secretarial and Finance Team
1. Acts as a trusted advisor to business and other infrastructure areas- Builds strong risk partnerships with colleagues in other functions
2. Adds value in commercial as well as technical discussions
3. Consistently delivers against a broad range of competing targets
4. Proactively collaborates across different teams, can be part of Secretarial / Finance Department and geographies both within.
5. Should have strong interpersonal skills and can be a team player
Experience & Skills Required:·
1. Qualified and enrolled lawyer, 5+ years PQE, in a corporate and legal role, from similar NBFCs or Bank
2.Strong communication, influencing and negotiation skills
3.Regulatory technical expertise in financial services
4.Project management - including advising and leading on implementation of new laws of regulations
Psst… tips on how you can beat the competition:
If you can showcase your abilities to:·
- Be self-driven / quick starter
- Have an ownership mindset
- Aggressively drive and deliver results
If you fit the above description, we would love to connect with you! APPLY NOW