Director of Identity, Trust & Safety
Mountain View or San Francisco
Trust & Safety
Upwork is the world's largest freelancing website. Each year $1.5 billion of work happens through Upwork, allowing businesses to get more done and helping professionals break free of traditional time and place boundaries and work anytime, anywhere on projects they love. At Upwork, you'll help build on this momentum. Together, we'll create economic and social value on a global scale, providing a trusted online workplace for businesses to connect with extraordinary talent and work without limits.
The Trust and Safety team is charged with making Upwork the safest place to get work done. We are looking for a quantitatively driven, detail focused and business-savvy person to craft and execute our Identity strategy. You’ll play a meaningful role working with Product, Analytics, and Operations teams to build programs that help us better understand who our customers are throughout their lifecycle on Upwork to improve marketplace dynamics, enhance trust, reduce fraud, and elevate the Upwork brand.
- Craft and lead execution of a customer centric Identity strategy that ensures every Upwork account accurately represents the person getting work done.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive concepts to high impact solutions
- Communicate and report overall status, primary metrics, key issues and solution plans to senior management and executives
- Explore, evaluate, and integrate partnerships with 3rd party vendors to address customer Identity needs
What it takes to catch our eye:
- At least 10 years of work experience in a risk, trust, or policy roles
- Success in running complex and multi-faceted programs from conception to completion
- An obsession for generating great results with scarce resources
How to really knock our socks off:
- You have demonstrated strategic thinking and cross-functional team influence - Tenacity to keep issues top of mind with relevant partners and conviction to make the right decisions
- You are willing to roll up your sleeves to ensure deadlines are met and solutions are executed
- You have proven your ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage priorities across multiple simultaneous projects
- You have a track record of trying and learning new things
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork you’ll help shape the future of work. From our offices in San Francisco, Mountain View and Chicago, together we’re creating exciting new opportunities for a world of professionals. You’ll be part of a vibrant culture built on shared values: Inspire a boundless future of work, Put our community first, Have a bias towards action, and Build amazing teams. Along the way you’ll have fun and enjoy the perks of a people-first company: Work from Home Wednesday's, daily breakfast and lunch, regular in-office happy hours, top-notch benefits … and more. Check out Upwork’s spotlight on The Muse for a glimpse of our daily work/life balance.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.