Senior Growth Manager - Acquisition
Upwork is the world's largest freelancing website. Each year $1.5 billion of work happens through Upwork, allowing businesses get more done and helping professionals break free of traditional time and place boundaries and work anytime, anywhere on projects they love. At Upwork, you'll help build on this momentum. Together, we'll create economic and social value on a global scale, providing a trusted online workplace for businesses to connect with extraordinary talent and work without limits.
As the Senior Acquisition Manager you will join the acquisition team responsible for growing new clients via targeted channels and messaging throughout the user journey. In this role, you’ll lead the small business acquisition program charged with growing small businesses into our marketplace. You’ll build the playbook on small business acquisition and your tool kit can include anything from paid channels to whatever you think will work.
- Build the framework and strategy around small business acquisition based on insights, best practices and historical performance
- Orchestrate a full funnel, direct response, marketing plan to include paid channels such as Facebook and LinkedIn, offline and nurture programs
- Manage our agency on a day-to-day basis from campaign execution to reporting
- Own the creative roadmap that captures testing ideas and hypothesis, creative assets and test results.
- Work with the creative team to execute on the roadmap and the agency to design the test plan
- Constantly innovate by testing new audience targeting, tools, messaging and channels and scaling those opportunities cost-efficiently
- Collaborate with our conversion rate optimization, CRM, data science, product and engineering teams on building better client experiences and campaign automations
What it takes to catch our eye:
- 3-4+ years of acquisition experience, especially in small business, channel management and offline marketing
- Background in B2B and/or subscription products
- Deep understanding of optimization tactics (bidding, creative), metrics (CAC/LTV, CPA, ROAS), tracking and attribution
How to really knock our socks off:
- Experience with budget planning, forecasting and market sizing
- Familiar with Google Analytics, Facebook ads manager and Looker
- A growth mindset of always testing, learning and scaling with an eagerness of getting things done
- Strong analytical skills with a data-driven approach in understanding performance, down funnel metrics and channel optimization, experience with SQL a plus
- Thrives in an agile, fun and fast-paced environment
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork you’ll help shape the future of work. From our offices in San Francisco, Mountain View and Chicago, together we’re creating exciting new opportunities for a world of professionals. You’ll be part of a vibrant culture built on shared values: Inspire a boundless future of work, Put our community first, Have a bias towards action, and Build amazing teams. Along the way you’ll have fun and enjoy the perks of a people-first company: Work from Home Wednesday's, daily breakfast and lunch, regular in-office happy hours, top-notch benefits … and more. Check out Upwork’s spotlight on The Muse for a glimpse of our daily work/life balance.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.