Partner Marketing Manager
Mountain View or San Francisco or Chicago
Upwork is the world's largest freelancing website. Each year $1.5 billion of work happens through Upwork, allowing businesses to get more done and helping professionals break free of traditional time and place boundaries and work anytime, anywhere on projects they love. At Upwork, you'll help build on this momentum. Together, we'll create economic and social value on a global scale, providing a trusted online workplace for businesses to connect with extraordinary talent and work without limits.
As the Partner Marketing Manager, your role will be to identify, lead and scale marketing partnerships with a goal of getting more businesses started and loving Upwork. You excel at building internal and external relationships, and brings expertise in building and scaling marketing programs with partners that align to priorities and deliver results. You bring a deep understanding of channel and partner marketing standard methodologies, and enjoy working cross-functionally with teams like content marketing, sales, product and analytics to deliver the best customer experience. You have strong interpersonal skills, thrive working in a dynamic environment, and can balance critical thinking, creative ideation, and extraordinary follow-through.
- Develop and be responsible for the overall partner marketing strategy for Upwork and how to best position Upwork to deliver value to our partners.
- Collaborate with internal teams to develop and lead partner marketing plans with measurable goals.
- Vigilantly prioritize partner marketing opportunities by evaluating product alignment, target audience and customer profile match, potential business models and paths to scale.
- Develop joint marketing plans with partners. Drive the execution of joint GTM programs and campaigns including marketing deliverables by working with product, sales, demand generation, and field marketing teams to drive successful outcomes.
- Use our partners’ customer-facing marketing channels to tell the Upwork story and contribute to Upwork’s lead goals.
- Build out partner incentive programs and develop joint partner messaging.
- Craft and deliver partner training and enablement.
How to catch our eye:
- 3-4 years of proven success in a partner marketing role or multi-channel marketing role within an enterprise software or SaaS technology brand.
- Hands-on experience developing and executing large-scale partner marketing initiatives including budget management.
- Experience with integrated marketing programs using content, email, social media, and other owned and earned channels.
How to really knock our socks off:
- Think creatively - whether it’s crafting a compelling pitch deck, using data to advance a partner relationship or coming up with out-of-the-box ways to market partners to Upwork clients and freelancers.
- Be a conscientious self starter with a knack for relationship building, and possess an uncanny ability to work cross-functionally across product, marketing, services, design, and sales teams.
- Have a drive for urgency to work through projects with tight timelines.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication
- Experience building out partner programs from scratch.
- Experience in identifying and validating partner opportunities, with the ability to prioritize ideas by evaluating product market fit, the competitive landscape, potential business models and paths to scale.
- Familiarity working with Marketo, Salesforce and Google Analytics.
- A real passion for our business because we’re not just another internet company. We empower people around the world to do phenomenal work and to hire great workers from wherever they are.
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork you’ll help shape the future of work. From our offices in San Francisco, Mountain View and Chicago, together we’re creating exciting new opportunities for a world of professionals. You’ll be part of a vibrant culture built on shared values: Inspire a boundless future of work, Put our community first, Have a bias towards action, and Build amazing teams. Along the way you’ll have fun and enjoy the perks of a people-first company: Work from Home Wednesday's, daily breakfast and lunch, regular in-office happy hours, top-notch benefits … and more. Check out Upwork’s spotlight on The Muse for a glimpse of our daily work/life balance.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.