Sr iOS Developer
San Francisco Bay Area
Location: Santa Clara or San Francisco
Upwork ($UPWK) is the world's largest freelancing website. Each year $1.7 billion of work happens through Upwork, allowing businesses to get more done and helping professionals break free of traditional time and place boundaries and work anytime, anywhere on projects they love. At Upwork, you'll help build on this momentum. Together, we'll create economic and social value on a global scale, providing a trusted online workplace for businesses to connect with extraordinary talent and work without limits.
We are looking for an iOS Developer who possesses a real passion for pushing mobile technologies to the limits and will work with our team of hardworking engineers to design and build the next generation of our mobile applications. We are open to new college grads with meaningful iOS development experience. (A College degree is not required) - We are looking for a candidate based in the San Francisco Bay Area or within a commutable distance. This role cannot be 100% remote.
- Architect and build advanced applications for the iOS platform.
- Collaborate with multi-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to improve development efficiency.
What it takes to catch our eye:
- Define and drive adoption of design patterns, coding and quality standards and software development processes.
- Working experience in iOS development
- You have published at least one or more iOS apps, based on a client-server architecture, in the app store.
- Familiarity with Swift, Objective-C and Cocoa Touch
- You have deep knowledge of UIKit, Core Animation, Core Graphics, and Core Text
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs using CocoaPods.
- You have knowledge of general mobile landscape, architecture, trends, and new technologies.
- Deep understanding of the full mobile development life cycle.
- You can integrate REST APIs into the app to provide the best user experience.
- Good to have, but not required, working knowledge of server side frameworks.
- You have experience working with remote team members.
How to really knock our socks off:
- You have very deep knowledge of the Webkit framework.
- You have built complex web apps using a modern web frameworks such as Vue, Angular, or React.
- You understand how Apple's In App Purchases ecosystem works.
- You have presented at an external conference on a mobile topic.
- You are familiar with the Android development, especially using Kotlin.
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork you’ll help shape the future of work. From our offices in San Francisco, Mountain View and Chicago, together we’re creating exciting new opportunities for a world of professionals. You’ll be part of a vibrant culture built on shared values: Inspire a boundless future of work, Put our community first, Have a bias towards action, and Build amazing teams. Along the way you’ll have fun and enjoy the perks of a people-first company: Work from Home Wednesday's, daily breakfast and lunch, regular in-office happy hours, top-notch benefits … and more. Check out Upwork’s spotlight on The Muse for a glimpse of our daily work/life balance.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.