Mountain View or San Francisco
Upwork is the world's largest freelancing website. Each year $1.5 billion of work happens through Upwork, allowing businesses to get more done and helping professionals break free of traditional time and place boundaries and work anytime, anywhere on projects they love. At Upwork, you'll help build on this momentum. Together, we'll create economic and social value on a global scale, providing a trusted online workplace for businesses to connect with extraordinary talent and work without limits.
Are you excited to make an impact in a fast-growing company? Are you a hands-on ambitious problem solver who loves to uncover insights that drive cross-functional decisions? We are looking for a Principal Analyst (Senior Analytics Manager) of Growth to lead analytics for a cross-functional Growth team. You will be part of the Analytics team and will collaborate closely with a newly formed Growth team. This means you’ll work with leaders from marketing, product, design and engineering to study customer behavior and identify new sources of growth for Upwork
- Serve as the primary analytics partner to a cross-functional growth team, leading all analytics from defining the problem statement through analysis and recommendations
- Develop keen understanding of drivers of growth for the company, developing analyses that identify trends and opportunities to unlock new sources of revenue
- Go deep into the business processes and the data to develop hypothesis and conduct analysis to answer business questions
- Advise the Growth team on design of experiments to assure clear reads and sufficient measurement power, and evaluate progress and outcomes of tests
- Specify requirements to instrument tracking for tests
- Generate target lists for email and direct marketing campaigns
What it takes to catch our eye:
- 7-10 years of work experience as analyst or in an analytical role partnering with senior leaders to translate business questions into analysis projects
- Experience executing analytics projects end-to-end, from definition through findings and recommendations to business partners
- Advanced experience with SQL, statistical analysis tools (i.e. R, Stata) a plus
- Proven track record of conducting rigorous analyses such as defining experimental frameworks and measuring significance
- Preference for experience in customer, marketing and/or product related analytics
- Bonus for background in scripting and Python
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork you’ll help shape the future of work. From our offices in San Francisco, Mountain View and Chicago, together we’re creating exciting new opportunities for a world of professionals. You’ll be part of a vibrant culture built on shared values: Inspire a boundless future of work, Put our community first, Have a bias towards action, and Build amazing teams. Along the way you’ll have fun and enjoy the perks of a people-first company: Work from Home Wednesday's, daily breakfast and lunch, regular in-office happy hours, top-notch benefits … and more. Check out Upwork’s spotlight on The Muse for a glimpse of our daily work/life balance.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.