Senior Product Designer - UI/UX
Mountain View or San Francisco
Design & UX
Upwork is the world's largest freelancing website. Each year $1.5 billion of work happens through Upwork, allowing businesses to get more done and helping professionals break free of traditional time and place boundaries and work anytime, anywhere on projects they love. At Upwork, you'll help build on this momentum. Together, we'll create economic and social value on a global scale, providing a trusted online workplace for businesses to connect with extraordinary talent and work without limits.
As a Senior Product Designer at Upwork, you will reinvent how companies find, hire and pay remote freelancers and agencies.
- Own mobile-first design projects consisting of several product features and service touchpoints from ideation, research and execution.
- Demonstrate high quality design practices by ensuring decisions are made with appropriate user insight, able to follow existing UX/UI systems and make smart decisions to create new patterns
- Able to lead projects through an end to end design process: research, ideation, strategy, information architecture, interaction design, launch and testing.
- Up-to-date on current trends in product and design for work, teamwork, reporting and complex UI interactions
- Create design assets to communicate your concepts to partners and end users; ranging from strategy and experience concepts to detailed design systems and assets
- Effectively Collaborate and communicate with a wide range of partners and teams: product, services, engineering and operations partners;
- Multitask and lead multiple small to large projects in a cross-functional environment
- Educate and coach teams on user research findings, industry best practices and emerging lessons related to enterprise products
- Establish a fun, supportive, collaborative environment to bring out the best work from your team
What it takes to catch our eye:
- 3+ years of industry experience as a UX designer dedicated to the complete UX design and development lifecycle of several successfully launched desktop or mobile applications
- 1+ years of experience designing B2B or work related products
- ***Portfolio is required***
How to really knock our socks off:
- Exceptionally strong communicator with cross-functional teams to inspire change to customer experience
- Demonstrated history of delivering high-quality product experiences for a variety of platforms including desktop, web and mobile
- Strong work ethic with the drive and willingness to focus and commit
- An entrepreneurial spirit and creativity that sparks your capacity for building and growing business - we love seeing those side projects and design experiments
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork you’ll help shape the future of work. From our offices in San Francisco, Mountain View and Chicago, together we’re creating exciting new opportunities for a world of professionals. You’ll be part of a vibrant culture built on shared values: Inspire a boundless future of work, Put our community first, Have a bias towards action, and Build amazing teams. Along the way you’ll have fun and enjoy the perks of a people-first company: Work from Home Wednesday's, daily breakfast and lunch, regular in-office happy hours, top-notch benefits … and more. Check out Upwork’s spotlight on The Muse for a glimpse of our daily work/life balance.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.