Accounting Category Associate Product Manager
Upwork is the world's largest freelancing website. Each year $1.5 billion of work happens through Upwork, allowing businesses to get more done and helping professionals break free of traditional time and place boundaries and work anytime, anywhere on projects they love. At Upwork, you'll help build on this momentum. Together, we'll create economic and social value on a global scale, providing a trusted online workplace for businesses to connect with extraordinary talent and work without limits.
Our business is a two-sided marketplace that’s dependent on creating and capturing hiring manager demand for talented freelancers and finding the best talent to work with them. As an Accounting Category Associate Product Manager on the Visitor Site team, you'll build experiences that maximize SEO traffic and convert prospects in the accounting category into valuable customers by growing their trust, inspiring them to try Upwork, and educating them on the steps to success.
You’ll develop a deep understanding of accounting customers, identify new opportunities for traffic growth, drive rapid testing to improve conversion, and lead cross-functional execution. This is a high-impact role taking on both strategic and operational challenges.
- Own your product area: You’ll analyze and find opportunities to drive traffic and conversions specifically targeting the accounting category. This includes deeply understanding the nuances of the accounting industry and translating it into feasible solutions. You will also work with the Engineering team to ensure our infrastructure supports and scales with our growth.
- Know your market and customers: You’ll deeply understand and seek key trends in the broader landscape, and the specific needs and mindsets of our SMB and Enterprise customers hiring for accounting talent. On the flip side, you’ll also understand how to attract top accounting talent.
- Back up hypotheses with quantitative tests: The proof is in the numbers. You’ll design and run quantitative tests to measure impact to our conversion funnel, and to continuously drive new insights from the ecosystem we handle.
- Be an excellent cross-functional partner: You’ll both lead and partner with other product managers, designers, engineers, and colleagues in marketing to execute cross-product and cross-functional initiatives.
How to catch our eye:
- The ability to go broad as well as deep: You solve for the bigger picture and long term goals whilst rolling up your sleeves to write user stories in JIRA and debug issues.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills: You have a strong executive presence for collaborating with customers, peers, colleagues, and executives. You can distill competing philosophies and approaches down to the essence and corral stakeholders toward harmonious solutions. You can succinctly articulate goals, progress, and priorities in written, verbal, and presentation formats.
- Analytical prowess: You possess a keen ability to analyze data, recognize trends, and identify key levers for optimization. Basic SQL skills are a requirement.
- Deep knowledge about the accounting industry: You have a background in accounting so you know how to talk deeply with accounting professionals and to create experiences that resonate with that segment.
How to really knock our socks off:
- Deep empathy for customer needs, frustrations, and aspirations. Familiarity with designing user experiences and their impact on conversion funnels and acquisition channels.
- Experience using agile development methodologies with globally-distributed teams
- An entrepreneurial spirit and creativity, including a willingness to take risks
- A passion for our business because we’re not just another internet company. We empower people around the world to do great work and to hire great workers from wherever they are.
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork you’ll help shape the future of work. From our offices in San Francisco, Mountain View and Chicago, together we’re creating exciting new opportunities for a world of professionals. You’ll be part of a vibrant culture built on shared values: Inspire a boundless future of work, Put our community first, Have a bias towards action, and Build amazing teams. Along the way you’ll have fun and enjoy the perks of a people-first company: Work from Home Wednesday's, daily breakfast and lunch, regular in-office happy hours, top-notch benefits … and more. Check out Upwork’s spotlight on The Muse for a glimpse of our daily work/life balance.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.