Account Security Manager
Trust & Safety
Upwork is the world's largest freelancing website. Each year $1.5 billion of work happens through Upwork, allowing businesses get more done and helping professionals break free of traditional time and place boundaries and work anytime, anywhere on projects they love. At Upwork, you'll help build on this momentum. Together, we'll create economic and social value on a global scale, providing a trusted online workplace for businesses to connect with extraordinary talent and work without limits.
The Trust and Safety team is charged with making Upwork the safest place to get work done. We are looking for a high performing professional to manage the Account Security team. As a Manager of the Account Security team at Upwork, you will provide direction and mentoring to your team of globally-distributed Account Security Specialists. You will get a chance to build out a team, and create policies and programs that protect customer’s accounts from security attacks. You will also play a meaningful role working with other Trust and Safety teams, Analytics, Product, Engineering, Data Science, Marketing, and Customer Support to pursue a range of solutions to create a safe and trusted marketplace.
In this role you will focus on:
- Team Management: Manage a team of 10-15 analysts/specialists that investigate and handle account security threats for the company at a global scale.
- Team Empowerment: Inspire, motivate, and lead a team to prevent account takeovers and Malware/Phishing exploitation.
- Policy Enforcement: Scale and develop policies that keep Upwork a safe place to work.
- Cross Functional partnership: Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure safety of our customers.
- Building customer solutions: Partner with Product to build tools and reports to improve the security around account access/changes.
What it takes to catch our eye:
- At least three years of work experience in a risk, trust, fraud, or policy role
- At least one year of people management experience
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills
How to really knock our socks off:
- Open to creative & out of the box approaches to problem solving
- Clear and effective communication
- Ability to lead priorities across multiple, simultaneous projects
- A strong empathy for consumers who depend on our product
- Strong willingness and self-discipline to contribute to a small team
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork you’ll help shape the future of work. From our offices in San Francisco, Mountain View and Chicago, together we’re creating exciting new opportunities for a world of professionals. You’ll be part of a vibrant culture built on shared values: Inspire a boundless future of work, Put our community first, Have a bias towards action, and Build amazing teams. Along the way you’ll have fun and enjoy the perks of a people-first company: Work from Home Wednesday's, daily breakfast and lunch, regular in-office happy hours, top-notch benefits … and more. Check out Upwork’s spotlight on The Muse for a glimpse of our daily work/life balance.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.