Workplace Manager - San Francisco
Upwork is the world's largest freelancing website. Each year $1.5 billion of work happens through Upwork, allowing businesses to get more done and helping professionals break free of traditional time and place boundaries and work anytime, anywhere on projects they love. At Upwork, you'll help build on this momentum. Together, we'll create economic and social value on a global scale, providing a trusted online workplace for businesses to connect with extraordinary talent and work without limits.
Are organization and attention to detail your strengths? Do you enjoy creating a positive environment for everyone around you? Are you hardworking, energetic, and able to handle whatever comes your way? If so, keep reading…
Our Workplace Manager, will report to the Director of Workplace, and will be an important addition to the Workplace team’s function and will have a huge impact on our company culture and workplace productivity. We are looking for someone with not only great technical & management expertise, but an upbeat and approachable attitude, impeccable customer service skills and a willingness to do whatever needs doing.
As a member of Upwork's Workplace team, you will strive to create a unique culture and workplace. You will be responsible for supporting our collaborative and diverse culture of innovation while overseeing the daily operations of our offices. You’ll be part of a team that ensures all of Upwork's San Francisco employees come to work each day in a productive and fun workplace.
In this role you will:
- Manage our San Francisco office
- Facilitate the day-to-day activities and operations that make our 3 office spaces in San Francisco, Mountain View, and Chicago great places to work
- Maintain relationships with landlords, vendors (janitorial, security, catering, etc.), and internal partners such as IT and HR
- Coordinate changes to the offices such as expansions, renovations, internal office moves, new hire setups
- Provide administrative support such as maintaining conference room schedules, updating office databases, and streamlining and simplifying processes between offices
- Assist with meeting coordination, placing catering orders, and events
- Order and maintain office supplies
- Be a culture carrier and have the ability to inspire others to take pride in the workplace
- Add creativity, fun and a smile to all you touch
To succeed in this role, you need:
- A minimum of two years of administrative support experience; experience within a tech or startup environment strongly preferred
- Friendly and positive demeanor, ‘can do’ attitude and tireless work ethic
- The ability to wear five different hats in five minutes and enjoy it
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes
- The ability to motivate and inspire people through any form of communication
- Strong attention to detail and excellent ‘think-ahead’ problem solving skills
- Passion for creating a winning culture and workplace
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork you’ll help shape the future of work. From our offices in San Francisco, Mountain View and Chicago, together we’re creating exciting new opportunities for a world of professionals. You’ll be part of a vibrant culture built on shared values: Inspire a boundless future of work, Put our community first, Have a bias towards action, and Build amazing teams. Along the way you’ll have fun and enjoy the perks of a people-first company: Work from Home Wednesday's, daily breakfast and lunch, regular in-office happy hours, top-notch benefits … and more. Check out Upwork’s spotlight on The Muse for a glimpse of our daily work/life balance.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.