Ursa Major is always looking for ways to improve the way we work. From our technology to our operations, we strive to be on the cutting edge. We are looking for a Senior Accountant that will take the lead across several projects to make what we do at Ursa Major better.
The Senior Accountant is a multifaceted position that will work with engineering, financial, and operational data to identify, plan, and execute projects that improve cost and increase efficiency across the business. The ideal candidate is a results oriented and self-guided individual who can operate independently in a fast paced environment.
This role sits in Ursa Major’s Customer Org and reports to the Director of Finance. It is based in our Colorado headquarters and might require some travel (<5% of time).
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures
- Prepare monthly financial statements by collecting, analyzing and summarizing account information
- Verify, allocate, post and reconcile accounts payable and receivable
- Perform month-end and year-end close process
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Design and prepare budgets for review by management
- Assist in interpreting complicated financial information and preparing analysis for review by management
- Organize and manage financial reporting for internal and external stakeholders
- Assist with audits and taxes
- Ensure compliance with GAAP principles
- Identify, plan, and execute performance improvement projects
- Bachelor (master’s a plus) in accounting, finance, or a related field
- 2-5 years of work experience in public accounting, financial analysis, or related field
- CPA certification
- Experience with data analysis and visualization
- Advanced knowledge of Excel required
- Knowledge of QuickBooks preferred
- US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED