Director of Human Capital
Ursa Major is redefining how aerospace operates, both with our technology and with our approach to how we develop our talent. The Director of Human Capital will be responsible for delivering on our promise of being the best technology company for our team members to grow their careers.
The Director of Human Capital will be responsible for developing the full lifecycle of Ursa’s human capital. This includes recruiting, interviewing, on-boarding, training, and ongoing professional development. They will have a collaborative and creative leadership style that will drive decisions on organizational design, compensation, employee development, and people strategy. They will work closely with all teams to cultivate an engaged workforce that will drive successful business outcomes for our company and our customers.
This role sits in Ursa Major’s Customer Org and reports directly to the President of Ursa Major. It is based in our Colorado headquarters.
- Develop deep relationships and build trust with leaders at Ursa
- Build effective systems to ensure that all Ursa employees receive consistent, professional, and clear communication regarding our hiring and talent development practices
- Provide ongoing coaching and development feedback to the full workforce
- Continually evaluate and grow our recruiting, interviewing, and on-boarding processes
- Assist with the creation of new organizational structures and operating models to match our needs as the company grows
- Grow and continually improve Ursa’s professional development and training program across groups to ensure continued learning
- Oversee the delivery and management of all human resources services including employee relations, benefits, personnel records, and legal compliance
- Ensure consistency and efficiency in the administration of state, federal, and regulatory HR practices and policies
- Bachelor’s degree required
- At least ten years of significant work experience with talent and human capital management
- Experience in multiple industries and company sizes is highly desired, with emphasis on high growth engineering technology
- Demonstrated ability to help high growth companies create structure and talent management systems that add value
- Experience working with HR and talent management software packages such as Lever, Gusto, and 15Five
- Experience developing, implementing, and improving company-wide professional development programs
- Experience designing and implementing recruiting, on-boarding, and training programs
- US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED