Routed Systems Design Engineer
Ursa Major’s team moves fast and does a lot with little. We are looking for a skilled, fast learning individual who will support our engine design efforts. This role will be part of the technical organization, responsible for engine routed systems design.
- Design of pressurized tubing sub-assemblies for liquid rocket engines, including 3D Modelling and production drawings.
- Design of electrical cable harnesses for liquid rocket engines, including 3D Modelling and production drawings.
- Design modification of existing components to resolve limitations.
- Collaborating with production team to write, review, and update work instructions for assembly of engine components
- Identifying, implementing, and controlling design changes to products through-out their life cycle
- Establish design standards and improve existing ones
- US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or relevant field
- Demonstrated proficiency with creating and maintaining routed systems using Computer Aided Design and Drawings using PTC Creo or similar
- Experience with GD&T per ASME Y14.5
- Working knowledge of and hands-on experience with fluid, mechanical, and electrical systems
- Desire to take ownership and help wherever needed on the team