Ursa Major is always looking for ways to improve the way we work. From our technology to our operations, we strive to be on the cutting edge. We are looking for a Business Analyst that will take the lead across several projects to make what we do at Ursa Major better.
The Business Analyst is a multifaceted position that will work with engineering, financial, and operational data to identify, plan, and execute projects that improve cost and increase efficiency across the business. The ideal candidate is a results oriented and self-guided individual who can operate independently in a fast paced environment.
This role sits in Ursa Major’s Customer Org and reports to the Director of Finance. It is based in our Colorado headquarters and might require some travel (<10% of time).
- Identify, plan, and execute performance improvement projects
- Analyze, summarize, and extract insights from financial and operational data
- Participate in annual budgeting process and maintain company financial records
- Organize and manage financial reporting for internal and external stakeholders
- Identify market trends, customer needs, and competitor movement to inform strategy
- Bachelor (master’s a plus) in finance, accounting, economics, business, or a related field
- 2-5 years of work experience in management consulting, financial analysis, or related field
- Experience with data analysis and visualization
- Track record of success in self-driven projectss
- US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED
Advantageous Experience (Not All Required)
- Experience at a top tier consulting or accounting firm
- Advanced data analytics and computer programming expertise
- CPA certification
- Strong knowledge of QuickBooks