Ursa Major’s team moves fast and does a lot with little. We are looking for a skilled, fast learning individual who can help build our operations team and internal processes. A manufacturing engineer at Ursa Major carries a lot of varying responsibilities ranging from hardware dispositions to process development to purchasing and installing capital equipment.
This role will report into the Operations team of Ursa Major. He/she will work directly with technicians and engineers and will grow to own more of the operations within in the company.
- Maintain configuration of work instructions and build sequences for our engine products. This includes sub-assemblies and main engine assembly.
- Author, edit and improve existing and new work instruction templates for our products.
- Develop customer facing documentation for our products.
- Own full engine assembly instructions and processes (you will be delivering the engine to the test team for testing).
- Implement continuous improvement projects at the company and manage large manufacturing projects.
- Help scale up existing products while making room for new products as we grow our family of rocket engines.
- Author quality documents to implement more reliability into the business.
- Create standards for engineers to follow when developing new products.
- Create training programs for technicians and engineers.
- Fill in the gaps - make the process work!
- Bachelor and/or Master’s in engineering and/or a technical field.
- 5+ years experience (may waive if relevant experience in school is adequate).
- Hands on experience with hardware.
- Worked through continuous improvement program or relevant experience.
- Experience within an ERP environment.
- Extensive Excel work.
- A general desire to improve all things around you.