Ursa Major is redefining how aerospace operates, both with our technology and with our approach to our customers. The Customer Engineer is the key role driving that change. We are looking for the rare individual who can excel as a technical subject matter expert and as a trusted partner with our customers.
The Customer Engineer is the front line of Ursa Major. They help foster the customer relationship from early contact through engine installation, training, and support. This is an exciting and dynamic role that sits at the center of our mission to set the standard across every aspect of propulsion.
This role sits in Ursa Major’s Customer Org and reports directly to the Lead Customer Engineer. It is based in our Colorado headquarters and will require frequent (up to 80%) travel to customer locations.
- Support the cradle-to-grave relationship with a portfolio of customers by serving as a technical and strategic point of contact
- Support technical training and certification sessions with customers pre-engine delivery
- Provide on-site customer support during engine integration and testing
- Dynamically root cause and resolve anomalies, and provide feedback to the Product Engineering Team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Manufacturing, Aerospace Engineering or similar
- Working knowledge of and hands-on experience with fluid, mechanical, and electrical systems
- Demonstrated proficiency with conceptual and physical integration of technical systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an emphasis on the ability to communicate technical information
- Desire to take project ownership and operate independently
- Willingness to travel (up to 80% time)
- US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED
- Master’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Aerospace Engineering
- Demonstrated hands-on assembly and/or test experience of advanced products
- Customer-facing experience in a technical capacity
- Experience with manufacturing, process, and test engineering. Includes creating work and/or test instructions
- Knowledge of liquid propellant rocket engine test or analysis