Turbomachinery Development Engineer
Ursa Major’s team moves fast and does a lot with little. We are looking for a skilled, fast learning individual who can contribute to our engine development. The role will be responsible for testing and development of turbopump and related components from initial hardware to final product.
- Responsible for Turbopump Development; including participating in test activities and data review.
- Create and improve models for turbopump performance, secondary flows, and thrust balance
- Collaborating with team members to write, review, and update work instructions for assembly of turbopump assemblies
- Design changes to improve performance, reliability, manufacturability, and assembly
- Undergraduate degree relevant engineering discipline with 3-5 years experience
- Experience in turbomachinery design or test
- Experience with one or more of the following: Mechanical design of turbomachinery, Test of turbomachinery or rocket engines, Hydraulic/Aerodynamic design of turbomachinery components, Secondary flow design/analysis
- US Citizen or permanent residency required
Position will work between our Lafayette & Berthoud, CO offices