Propulsion Development Engineer
Ursa Major’s team moves fast and does a lot with little. Development engineers at Ursa Major are responsible for new product development testing/troubleshooting, or on-going product development aimed at performance or reliability improvements. Development engineers are also responsible for making limited design modifications to components in order to meet performance requirements. We expect these engineers to be self-starters, good at designing and executing a variety of component tests and analyzing data to make decisions. Hands-on experience is required.
This role will report into the technical organization of Ursa Major.
- Design and execution of hardware testing to support product development.
- Functional testing including electrical, mechanical and fluid systems.
- Review of data from testing campaigns to support component performance analysis
- Fluid system design and fabrication.
- Troubleshoot component hardware issues, develop solutions, and work with manufacturing, production, and other disciplines for implementation.
- Detailed mechanical design for component upgrades to meet performance requirements
- BS or greater in engineering field (Aerospace or Mechanical preferred)
- 2+ years of experience with product development/testing.
- Fluid system schematic familiarity.
- Familiarity with valve, turbopump, or combustion device design and testing.
- US citizenship required.