Senior Data Scientist - Core Product and Experimentation
Bounce powers a 9,000-location network of local businesses offering luggage storage, package acceptance, and more. We aim to build the largest tech-enabled two-way market platform for retail chains and travelers to come together. We aim to build a seamless and easy-to-use app - the “OS for brick & mortar SMB stores” powering new revenue channels at the "flip of a switch."
To do so, we are looking for committed builders who love to travel and align with our core values; innovative, results-driven, scrappy, visionary and loves building a company. Bounce's global office is in Lisbon, Portugal. We’re backed by some of the top investors (Andreessen Horowitz and General Catalyst) in Silicon Valley and have an outstanding team that is continuously pushing the edge on what we can achieve. Read more about Bounce's Series A, led by a16z, here!
Decisions are at the foundation of every Bounce experience. As a data team member, you will work in a dynamic environment, embracing moving quickly to ensure data is at the heart of Bounce’s products and decision-making.
The focus of this position will be on optimizing the core luggage experience and key growth levers through experimentation. Understanding user behavior, optimizing sign-ups and conversion are primary goals for the experience team. You'll need to conduct analysis, build dashboards, and work with the product and growth teams to shed light on potential opportunities and help generate new ideas for experiments to drive the product forward. You will play a critical role in the success of Bounce!
👷🏾♀️ What you’ll be doing
- Partner with product managers, engineers, and operations to understand their business needs and translate them into analytical insights and dashboards
- Design and analyze experiments; communicate results and act on launch decisions
- Help develop and maintain our analytics pipelines, from data transformation to implementation of dashboards
- Collect new data and conduct analysis to identify growth opportunities
- Deliver segmentation data to the growth team to help optimize marketing channels and SEO
- Advocate for the adoption of self-serving analytics across the company
- Be an owner, taking a personal stake in the success of the product and the team
✅ Your profile
- Degree in a quantitative field such as statistics, economics, applied math, operations research or engineering, or relevant work experience
- 3+ years of industry experience in a data science or technical analytics role
- Advanced proficiency in SQL
- Experience with A/B testing and experimentation
- Experience building dashboards (we primarily use Metabase and Amplitude)
- Strong oral and written communication skills, and ability to collaborate with and influence cross-functional partners
- Avid learner and practical problem solver
- Professional proficiency in English, written and spoken
- Plus: experience with Adwords, SEO
- Plus: proficiency in visualization libraries in Python or R
🎁 We offer
- Work at a well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions
- Competitive salary
- Generous equity package
- Private health insurance
- Flexible vacation/time-off policy
- Fun office in the heart of Lisbon - Santos neighborhood!
- An entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
About Working at Bounce
Bounce’s office is located in the heart of Lisbon, in the bustling neighborhood of Santos.
Bounce is committed to welcoming everyone, regardless of gender identity, orientation, or expression. Our mission is to remove exclusivity and barriers and encourage new thinking and perceptions in a space of belonging. It is not about race, gender, or age. It is about people. We are nothing without our people being their most creative and innovative selves.