Lead Data Engineer
Bounce powers a 9,000-location network of local businesses offering luggage storage, package acceptance, and more. We aim to build the largest tech-enabled two-way market platform for retail chains and travelers to come together. We aim to build a seamless and easy-to-use app - the “OS for brick & mortar SMB stores” powering new revenue channels at the "flip of a switch."
To do so, we are looking for committed builders who love to travel and align with our core values; innovative, results-driven, scrappy, visionary and loves building a company. Bounce's global office is in Lisbon, Portugal. We’re backed by some of the top investors (Andreessen Horowitz and General Catalyst) in Silicon Valley and have an outstanding team that is continuously pushing the edge on what we can achieve. Read more about Bounce's Series A, led by a16z, here!
Decisions are at the foundation of every Bounce experience. As the first Data Engineer, you will work in a dynamic environment, embracing moving quickly to help architect a data warehouse that puts data at the heart of Bounce’s products and decision-making.
You will define and implement our data tech stack, and partner with other business teams to help them build the right infrastructure to drive decisions that foster growth and great experiences within both luggage storage and future verticals.
👷🏾♀️ What you’ll be doing
- Architect a data warehouse that will power all analyses and reporting
- Leverage both 1st party and 3rd party data to help generate actionable insights by building a robust data warehouse for analysis, reporting, and experimentation
- Design table schemas for efficiency in both system performance and data analysis
- Partner with data science to own the development of metrics, dashboards, and other self-serve reporting
- Own full-funnel maintenance of pipelines, including socialization and documentation of data products
- Build trusting working relationships with business partners across Data Science, Engineering, and Product understanding the analytical needs of the domain
- Be an integral part of the Engineering and Data teams
✅ Your profile
- Degree in a quantitative field such as statistics, economics, applied math, operations research or engineering (advanced degrees preferred), or relevant work experience
- 3+ years of industry experience in a data engineering or analytics engineering role
- Possess deep knowledge of performant scalable ETLs
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: dbt, Prefect, Airflow, etc.
- Ability to flush out ambiguous projects into detailed project plans and execute them
- Strong analytical skills, comfortable with data analysis and statistics
- High attention to detail with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficient in SQL & Python
- Knowledge of visualization tools such as Amplitude / Metabase
- Naturally curious and have a burning desire to learn
- Professional proficiency in English, written and spoken
🎁 We offer
- Work at a well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions
- Competitive salary
- Generous equity package
- Private health insurance
- Flexible vacation/time-off policy
- Fun office in the heart of Lisbon - Santos neighborhood!
- An entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
About Working at Bounce
Bounce’s office is located in the heart of Lisbon, in the bustling neighborhood of Santos.
Bounce is committed to welcoming everyone, regardless of gender identity, orientation, or expression. Our mission is to remove exclusivity and barriers and encourage new thinking and perceptions in a space of belonging. It is not about race, gender, or age. It is about people. We are nothing without our people being their most creative and innovative selves.