Senior Product Engineer (Fullstack)
Bounce powers an 8,000-location network of local businesses offering luggage storage, package acceptance, and more. Our goal is to build the largest tech-enabled two way market platform for retail chains and travelers to come together. We aim to build a seamless and easy to use app - the “OS for brick & mortar SMB stores” powering new revenue channels at the "flip of a switch."
To do so, we are looking for committed builders who love to travel and align with our core values; innovative, results driven, scrappy, visionary and loves building a company. Bounce's global office is in Lisbon, Portugal. We’re backed by some of the top investors (Andreessen Horowitz and General Catalyst) in Silicon Valley and have an outstanding team that is continuously pushing the edge on what we can achieve. Read more about Bounce's Series A led by a16z here!
Bounce is hiring a Senior Product Engineer in our Lisbon office to build out new products on top of our platform and retail partner network while improving the overall efficiency of the Bounce marketplace.
We seek a generalist who likes to move fast and strives for impact, owning a feature from start to finish by contributing across the entire technology stack.
We are building a large-scale general shared technology platform, supporting various products capable of rapid iteration and quick exploration.
👷🏾♀️ What you’ll be doing
- Write high quality-code to support our mobile and web applications
- Strive for velocity and be experiment-driven
- Be an owner, taking a personal stake in the success of the product and the team
- Think at scale and be globally-minded
- Be scrappy - don’t wait for results, go get them
- Improve and maintain existing code and architecture
- Work in a fast-paced environment and take responsibility and commitment of the production environment
- Establish strong ownership of the product and services
- Collaborate with global teams to support new product innovations and business proposals, and continuously explore new initiatives from the engineering perspective.
- Bring a passion to stay on top of industry trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, and participate in internal and external technology communities
✅ Your profile
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
- Technically strong, with 4+ years of experience developing and shipping code for production systems
- Experience designing, evaluating, and improving efficiency, scalability, and stability of a distributed system.
- Experience building maintainable and testable code bases, including API design and unit/integration testing techniques.
- Collaborative and work well with, and contribute to, a team
- Proud of the code you write and a strong sense of engineering craftsmanship
- Focused on the customer and the details that make their experience amazing
- Practical, making the best use of time and resources to find the simplest solution that works
- Current in relevant technologies and know how to implement them effectively
- Naturally curious and have a burning desire to learn
- Motivated, always looking for ways to contribute, and know how to ship code
- Professional proficiency in English, written and spoken.
- Understanding of CI/CD pipelines
🎁 We offer
- Work at a well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions
- Competitive salary
- Very generous equity package
- Private health insurance
- Flexible vacation/time-off policy
- All federal holidays are observed
- Hybrid workplace. You’re free to work from anywhere, but you’re always welcome in our offices!
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- From €55k to €100k annual gross salary depending on experience level.
- From $15k to $60k initial stock option package depending on experience level.
🤗 About Working at Bounce
Bounce’s hybrid workplace includes remote and in-office roles. By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:
- In-office locations: Lisbon, Portugal
- Remote location(s): European Union
Bounce is committed to welcoming everyone, regardless of gender identity, orientation, or expression. Our mission is to remove exclusivity and barriers and encourage new thinking and perceptions, in a space of belonging. It is not about race, gender, or age, it is about people. Without our people being their most creative and innovative selves, we are nothing.