San Francisco, CA
We are a high growth company looking for our first Data Scientist. You will work closely with PMs to identify the biggest areas of opportunity and power product features, including developing our recommendations for products, brands and in-app content. You will have the opportunity to make core algorithmic advances and apply ideas to the dynamic world of E-commerce in strengthening the Dote marketplace. You should have an extensive background in a quantitative field, a track record of success in a startup environment, and experience working with large data sets. You should be results-driven, highly motivated, and an A+ collaborator.
- Develop and iterate algorithms that surface inventory across a variety of contexts (discovery, search, social)
- Outline success metrics and improve recommendation strategies for how users discover brands, trends, creators, and other users
- Build a user lifecycle model that allows teams to understand churn risk, engagement needs, and appropriate purchase motivations
- Communicate your complex analyses and insights to a broad range of partners.
- Work closely with engineers to implement your models, product designers to understand user motivations, and operations specialist to stay aligned with business goals
You might be a fit:
- You have a track record of success working in a startup environment, working on many types of projects, finding simple, imperfect solutions in order to get results quickly.
- You’re experienced in working with large data sets and pulling your own data (SQL, EDA, ETL etc)
- You are familiar with techniques in machine learning and data mining (e.g. Recommender Systems, Natural Language Processing, Computational Advertising, Deep Learning and Computer Vision or related fields.)
- Proficiency/Mastery of one or more of Python, R, or Matlab (preferably, but equivalent experience is sufficient). SQL experience strongly preferred.
Bias to action:
- You love moving quickly and getting to output.
- You have the ability to prototype ideas and solve complex problems by adapting creative approaches.
- You are a strong collaborator and communicator and you help the teams around you grow and learn.
- Compensation commensurate with experience.
Dote is based in San Francisco’s Mission District and conveniently located near many transportation options.
If you are interested, download Dote (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dote-shopping-urban-apparel/id908818458?mt=8 ), and then email us at firstname.lastname@example.org including a resume / LinkedIn profile / etc.. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.