VP of Product
San Francisco, CA
Dote is a breakout, high-growth shopping startup that is revolutionizing social commerce for our gen-z audience. We partner with the who’s-who of YouTubers and Instagrammers as well as over 140 top brands (think Urban Outfitters, Under Armour, MAC Cosmetics) to create a social shopping experience on the phone that is easy and delightful. We are female-founded and backed by top investors including Lightspeed Ventures, Harrison Metal, and Goodwater.
The VP Product is a key member of the executive team at Dote. They’ll be instrumental to Dote’s future success and ultimately responsible for the company’s overall product and roadmap, new product development, growth of top-line metrics and sustainable acquisition of new users. Reporting directly to the CEO, this role will work closely with cross functional leaders to help lead the business into its next phase of growth..
At least 7 years of product management leadership experience
Demonstrated success in bringing stellar products to market
Humble team-player who is intensely competitive about winning as a team – but not political
Have built high performing teams by mentoring and developing teams and balancing retention with attracting new talent
Strong communicator with ability to clearly and effectively articulate a common vision for our new products across multiple geographies and across functions
Proven success organizing and motivating teams to drive rapid-iteration, results-focused experimentation and feature development
Track record of creating and establishing processes to deliver upon defined technology and business goals/metrics, promoting a results-oriented environment with high standards for quality assurance, release management and deliver of feature
Strong analytical skills and ability to utilize a data-driven approach to decision-making
Ability to handle the speed and changing nature of a startup and can manage to get things done
Mobile marketplace and platform experience on Android and iOS operating systems is ideal
- Build, manage, and provide leadership to the product teams – with a strong emphasis on both people management as well as defining and delivering results
- Work with PM’s to define the product roadmap so that stakeholders are engaged and key product decisions are well thought-out and communicated to the broader team
- Work closely with the entire executive team to define and refine the product vision and growth goals against that vision
- Oversee and/or write the requirements for all new product features and enhancements to all the systems and productsCollect and analyze user behavior data to help guide product improvements and drive growth
- Establish strong working relationships with engineering leadership and individual engineers
- Understand the role of product leverage in driving long term, sustainable growth
- Carefully balance supply and demand to maintain consistent growth, particularly within new markets.