San Francisco, CA
Dote is a breakout, hyper-growth company revolutionizing social commerce for our Gen-Z audience. We are making an iOS shopping app where users connect, create and shop with today’s biggest social stars like Summer Mckeen, Emma Chamberlain, Teala Dunn, and 100’s more. We’re partnered with 140+ of the best brands, including Sephora, Brandy Melville, American Eagle, and Princess Polly. Dote is female-founded and backed by top-tier investors including Lightspeed Ventures (Jeremy Liew, the 1st investor in Snap is on the board), Harrison Metal, Goodwater Capital, and Gwyneth Paltrow. We were named one of the 19 hottest startups to watch by Business Insider.
- Make Dote’s social media presence best-in-class for our demo. For companies like ours, social media isn’t an afterthought, it’s a core part of our strategy and the best method we have to reach and engage our users. You will both develop and execute on a strategy that takes this critical channel to the next level and sets the standard for excellence and creativity in the industry.
- Create and manage Dote’s in-app content strategy. We believe in contextualizing the commerce experience through social and content, and you will both the develop the vision for how we do so leveraging in-app content opportunities like shoppable posts, quizzes, giveaways, push notifications and more, creatively imagining how to bring content into the shopping experience and using data to inform your decisions.
- Experiment with new platforms, initiatives, and ways to engage our users through content and community! We want to push the bounds of what it means to bring content to shopping, and you will be the one pitching new ideas for how to do so and executing on them. Podcasts, YouTube, email campaigns—we love trying new things and seeing what works.
- Own executing and leveling-up Dote’s content and social media strategy with our already highly-engaged audience. Dote Nation (as they call themselves) is eager to connect more with the product, the team, the Dote Girls (the social stars we work with), and each other.
- Be the person to facilitate this and make this connection even more meaningful, authentic and in-line with Dote’s business goals.
- Work on a combination of creative and operational projects to achieve this.
You might be a fit if:
- You love to provide critical insights from what you observe on social media and through other communication touch points with Dote Nation that will help inform our marketing and product strategy.
- You’re a great writer - you can write polished emails, fun and on-brand Instagram captions & retweet-worthy tweets. You’re both creative and operational. You can not only develop a brand new idea or strategy, but you can see that idea through execution with your excellent organizational abilities.
- You have a high EQ - people love you because you care and listen and are uniquely you. You’ve got a Dote-brand sense of aesthetic - you know what looks the best on our social channels and we trust your input on the marketing team’s design choices for our product lines.
- Bachelor’s degree from a top university/college Rigorous and relevant 2-4 years of similar working experience
- Embody Dote’s operating values: One Team, Move at Dote Speed, Be High Key, Level Up, Put People First, Heart of a Champion.
This is a role for someone who wants to use their EQ, aesthetic, writing, operational, and organizational skills to drive meaningful sales, attract new customers, and retain existing customers for the business.
Dote is based in downtown San Francisco and conveniently located near many transportation options.
If you are interested, download Dote ( https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dote-shopping-urban-apparel/id908818458?mt=8 ), and then email Leigh Lucas at firstname.lastname@example.org including a resume / LinkedIn profile / etc.