San Francisco, CA
Dote is GenZ’s dream mall. We are building a shopping community where users connect, create and shop with today’s social stars. We partner with 140+ of the best brands, including Urban Outfitters, Brandy Melville, American Eagle, Princess Polly, J.Crew, Gap, Revolve, and Free People, and work with the hundreds of YouTubers and Instagram stars on our platform to bring the shopping experience to life. We’re backed by top investors including Lightspeed Ventures & Harrison Metal. Our backgrounds are in mobile gaming (Sequoia-backed Pocket Gems), Bain & Company, Pinterest, Stanford, MIT, etc.
We are looking for an execution-oriented Brand Designer who want lots of ownership and responsibility.
You are a generalist and like to flex a lot of different creative muscles: illustration, typography, graphic design and photography. You’re excited about taking a leading role in forming the guiding principles for the Dote brand and visual marketing across all marketing channels. You’ll partner with members of the product, marketing and growth teams to further our mission: to give people the courage to express themselves.
- Conceptualize and create beautiful brand experiences that bring the Dote brand identity to the next level.
- Take a leadership role in setting the tone for the brand and marketing across all marketing efforts, especially with our social media presence.
- Formalize and own Dote’s visual identity (on the web, in the iOS and Android apps, emails, social, and exclusive events).
- Build brand identities for creator product lines.
- Work with the marketing team to design engaging landing pages, assets for online and offline marketing, sales and partnerships collateral, videos, animations, illustrations, and photos–all with a cohesive and consistent feel that’s faithful to the Dote brand and mission.
- Solve design problems by dreaming up creative solutions that achieve both brand and business goals.
- 5+ years of visual/brand design experience.
- Preferably concentrated brand experience with an in-house team at a consumer product or technology company.
- A portfolio that tells a story about the breadth of your experience and your process.
- A proven track record of creating meaningful and emotional brand experiences, and a keen awareness of who you are designing for and why.
- An ability and willingness to optimize designs for business goals.
- Demonstrated comfort with an iterative design process that includes accepting and managing feedback and constructive criticism.
- A bias towards action and execution.
- Experience creating, using and maintaining design & brand standards.
Dote is based in downtown San Francisco and conveniently located near many transportation options.
If you are interested, download Dote (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dote-shopping-urban-apparel/id908818458?mt=8 ), and then email us at email@example.com including a resume/LinkedIn and a link to your portfolio.