Senior Product Designer
San Francisco, CA
Dote is GenZ’s dream mall. We are building a shopping community where users connect, create and shop with today’s social stars. We partner with 140+ of the best brands, including Urban Outfitters, Brandy Melville, American Eagle, Princess Polly, J.Crew, Gap, Revolve, and Free People, and work with the hundreds of YouTubers and Instagram stars on our platform to bring the shopping experience to life. We’re backed by top investors including Lightspeed Ventures & Harrison Metal. Our backgrounds are in mobile gaming (Sequoia-backed Pocket Gems), Bain & Company, Pinterest, Stanford, MIT, etc.
We are looking for an execution-oriented product designer who want lots of ownership and responsibility.
- You are a generalist and will be involved in every step of the product design process at Dote — high level concepting, collaborative brainstorming, sketching, wireframing, visual design and front end implementation.
- You love solving complex interaction problems and have a passion for mobile. You know more is less and seek clean, approachable design.
- You strive to make design decisions based on qualitative and quantitative data, and have the ability and willingness to optimize designs for business goals.
- You are someone who is open to feedback and believes that good design ideas can come from anyone on the team.
- +5 years of experience in user experience and interface design, preferably cross-platform.
- A proven track record of understanding user problems and shipping digital products that solve them.
- An ability and willingness to optimize designs for business goals.
- Demonstrated comfort with an iterative design process that includes accepting and managing feedback and constructive criticism.A bias towards action and execution.
- You design simple, user-centered experiences that resonate with Gen Z.
- You must have experience with Sketch and Invision, and be open to new tools as required.
- Experience designing mobile consumer-facing apps and services, ideally in the areas of ecommerce and social.
- Familiarity creating, using and maintaining design systems.
- Work closely with product management, design and engineering to create amazing experiences for our users.
- Execute end-to-end design sprints across all our platforms: iOS, Android and Web. This includes research, wireframing, prototyping, interface/interaction design and implementation.
- Deliver high-fidelity UI and specs to clearly communicate relevant details to the engineering team.
- Design brand assets for marketing emails, websites, social media, and other properties.
Dote is based in downtown San Francisco and conveniently located near many transportation options.
If you are interested, download Dote (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dote-shopping-urban-apparel/id908818458?mt=8 ), and then email us at email@example.com including a resume/LinkedIn and a link to your portfolio.